MJM on 2017.06.01 - 10:34PM
As announced earlier this week, we have several free digital copies of the Fantastic Beasts movie to give away, thanks to our friends at Vudu!
Click Here to find out how to win your free copy, and let the contest BEGIN!
MJM on 2017.03.11 - 07:09PM
This year HPFF decided to honour what it sees as the best overall story from all the winning Dobby entries. It was a very close run thing and we were torn between two stories, but eventually we decided...The award for HPFF Best Story 2017 goes to:
How not to be a woodley (M) by NH stadler.
We felt that the other story we were considering also needed to receive something, so for this year we have also decided to give our HPFF Special recognition 2017 award to:
19 Years (M) by Marauder5
A full list of Dobby winners can be found by clicking here
MJM on 2017.02.26 - 01:22PM
Several new Next Gen and Fantastic Beasts characters have just been added to our database - you can start updating your stories' character lists!
MJM on 2017.02.24 - 12:15PM
The Tie-Breaker Round for the 2017 Dobbys is now under way. In this round, you will only be voting on categories that resulted in a tie in the last round. Voting is open from now until 11:59 pm GMT on February 11th. The form can be found at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_kTQXBaxOLIm7jj9XLFo4MVGHZ_kKlkWnaCYARwGISNyTyg/viewform You may only vote once per category. You do not have to vote in all the categories. Vote in as few or as many as you wish. Please make sure you have made all your decisions before submitting the form, as you may only submit it once. Please read the rules at the top of the form before filling it out. Once all of the winners have been determined, we will be performing story checks to ensure that all of the winners abide by site TOS. In the event that one of the winners is found to be in violation of TOS, the runner-up in that category will be moved up to the winner position, and so on. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Happy voting!
MJM on 2017.02.04 - 08:26PM
Voting for the 2017 Dobby Awards is now open! As with nominations, voting will take place via Google Forms. Voting is open now until January 30th. The form can be found at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/AISI87AJbmoKDM352 You may only vote once per category. You do not have to vote in all the categories. Vote in as few or as many as you wish. Please make sure you have made all your decisions before submitting the form, as you may only submit it once. Please read the rules at the top of the form before filling it out. After the first voting round, there will be a second, tie-breaker round for any categories where there was no clear winner (i.e., categories where there was a tie or the winner is only separated from runners-up by 1 vote or so). If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy voting!
Gryffin_Duck on 2017.01.22 - 06:47PM
The nominations for the 2017 Dobby awards have been tallied and verified, and all nominees will move on to the voting round.
January 16th - 23rd will be our designated Reading Week, where everyone will have the chance to read (or re-read) the nominees to better prepare them to make their decisions and cast their votes when the voting round begins.
Voting will begin on the 23rd, and will last until January 30th. After the first voting round, there will be a second, tie-breaker round for any categories where there was no clear winner (i.e., categories where there was a tie or the winner is only separated from runners-up by 1 vote or so).
Go to the following link for a complete list of the nominees:
Happy Reading Week, and feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns!!
MJM on 2017.01.16 - 06:39PM
Welcome to the 2017 HPFF Dobby Awards!
This yearís Dobby Awards will be run differently from previous years. Both nominations and voting will take place via Google Forms. Nominations will be open now through January 11th. On or around January 16th, a list of stories that have made it into the voting round will be posted here on the archive. Voting will take place January 23rd through January 30th, via a second Google Form.
Stories/authors with the most nominations will make it into the voting round. How many nominations a story/author needs to make it into the voting round will depend on how many nominations there are in that category.
The rules remain similar to previous years and are as follows:
1. You may not nominate or vote for yourself in any category. If you nominate or vote for yourself, all your nominations and votes will be disqualified.
2. You may only submit one response for the nominations form and then one response for the voting form. Once you submit, you will not be allowed to edit. Make sure you have nominated/voted for everything you want before submitting the form!
3. You are not required to use a gmail account for the forms, but you must provide your email address and penname in the form so that your HPFF account can be verified. HPFF will not use your email address or penname for anything other than Dobby purposes.4. You must have an archive account to nominate/vote.
5. You may only nominate/vote once.
6. All winning stories are subject to a ToS check. Any stories found to be in violation of the ToS or Site Rules will be disqualified.
7. To avoid any confusion, when making your nominations, enter the story title and author name exactly as they appear on the archive.
8. No making deals with friends to nominate their story if you nominate theirs. Members found to be doing this will have all of their nominations disqualified.
9. You may nominate up to two authors or stories in each category.
10. Stories/authors that won in 2015 are not eligible to win in their same category again this year. They can, however, be nominated and win in different categories.
The nomination form can be found at the following link.
It will be open until 11:59pm EST on January 11th.
If you would like to see a list of Dobby categories before clicking on the form, you can look at the following google doc.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gryffin_Duck on 2016.12.31 - 07:14PM
[Latest news][Older news]