Winter 2019 Adventure Introduction

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Welcome to our first writing adventure!

Through the year, our forum will host writing adventures. These adventures will be used to help us in creating our community as well as exploring our passion, in whatever capacity that exists for you.

If you’re a reader, beta, or writer - these adventures will have something suited for you. We would like our writers to submit stories, for our betas to edit those stories, and then for them to be shared for our forum to read and enjoy.

Our first adventure will have a December deadline, so think “Holidays at Hogwarts”.

For this adventure, we're setting a 5-6,000 word limit. That way your story can be well rounded without being so long that we can't read a good number of them for this specific 'adventure'. There are no requirements on ships or anything like that this time around. Just something with a holiday theme to get us in the spirit!

We'll follow up with more information next week, so get brainstorming!

Last edited:
hey I need some ideas
Hi

How about writing some kind of mini adventure set around one of the main yearly holidays (maybe Halloween or Christmas). Or you could make up a whole new holiday that only Wizards and Witches would celebrate. Something not Muggle related.

muggles

shotaboy

Hi

How about writing some kind of mini-adventure set around one of the main yearly holidays (maybe Halloween or Christmas). Or you could make up a whole new holiday that only Wizards and Witches would celebrate. Something not Muggle related.

muggles
it was the night before Halloween in Hogwarts
and all the kids were excited especially Ben cause it was his first Halloween in Hogwarts
and Ben was nervous because Ben didn't know what he wanted to go as
And that's when Ben had to ask Ron what he should be for Halloween.
And that's when Ron said... "Ben why don't you go as a Ninja Turtle ok Ben"
Ok, Ron if I go as a ninja turtle what will you go as huh Ron?
Ben asked his friend and that's when Ron said... I'll go as a Power Ranger
And that's when aBen said... Ron, you would've been the first power ranger with wizarding powers, Ron.
And that's when Ron said... Ben where's your ninja turtle costume at huh Ben?
That's when Ben told Ron "Well it's too early to wear my ninja turtle costume anyway it might get all wrinkled
if I put it on now Ron, Ben told him and besides that Ron, I'm going to keep my eye on Draco Malfoy cause knowing him and his friends
They might try and pull a prank on us and I don't wanna zap Draco,
"You know what I mean huh Ron? Ben told him,

Last edited:

shotaboy

it was the night before Halloween in Hogwarts
and all the kids were excited especially Ben cause it was his first Halloween in Hogwarts
and Ben was nervous because Ben didn't know what he wanted to go as
And that's when Ben had to ask Ron what he should be for Halloween.
And that's when Ron said... "Ben why don't you go as a Ninja Turtle ok Ben"
Ok, Ron if I go as a ninja turtle what will you go as huh Ron?
Ben asked his friend and that's when Ron said... I'll go as a Power Ranger
and that's when Ben's first thought was: "Ron why a power ranger huh?"
Ben asked Ron and that's when Ron said... "Well Ben I thought that it would be fun to be a power ranger for Halloween
well I hope your costume is reflective so other kids could see you, Ron
Ben reminded him "Oh Yeah right Ben thanks for reminding me.

Kamiccola

Hi

How about writing some kind of mini adventure set around one of the main yearly holidays (maybe Halloween or Christmas). Or you could make up a whole new holiday that only Wizards and Witches would celebrate. Something not Muggle related.
I’m down for non-Muggle holidays. This could be fun.

Kamiccola

what do you mean writing prompts?
Just google writing prompts - you'll get loads of results.

Big point to remember - use them to inspire you. Don't get hung up on the details.

For example, I found this prompt:
Start a scene with ”They ran into the room and screamed.”

The actual scene where I used it starts like this:
Peter burst into the room and shouted, “They’re gonna duel!”

Btw, it resulted in possibly the most fun scene I've ever written (a duel between James and Sirius).