What's your current writing status?

PH71

Very pleased to report I've put out another chapter this evening for Smoke and Mirrors

I'm usually lucky if I get a new chapter out once every 5-6 weeks after the previous one, so in this case to have had the time/motivation to write a whole new 6,000+ word chapter within 2 weeks is really quite mad. Overall I'm happy with it and hope that it goes some way in cementing Hestia Jones as a character people that read the story care about.

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
Very pleased to report I've put out another chapter this evening for Smoke and Mirrors

I'm usually lucky if I get a new chapter out once every 5-6 weeks after the previous one, so in this case to have had the time/motivation to write a whole new 6,000+ word chapter within 2 weeks is really quite mad. Overall I'm happy with it and hope that it goes some way in cementing Hestia Jones as a character people that read the story care about.
Awesome job!

Kamiccola

Then I start to question everything I'm doing because I worry that people are going to rage quit my fic. That particular concern has come up especially frequently as I've tried to write this chapter.
You wrote this two months ago, so maybe you're over it, but if you ever feel this again, don't beat yourself up with the what if. Write your heart out first, worry about fixing it later. You're not forced to post immediately when you write. Give your words time to cool down. Time gives you perspective.

My writing status:

1. I'm working on original fiction right now. As much as I'd love to write it all at the same time, it's not possible, so I had to put my fanfiction to the side for a while. It pains me that I'm going to lose some loyal readers that won't stick around long enough to see me publish again, but I try to keep up the hope that there are always new readers out there.

2. How's it going? I'm tired. The COVID scare is doing a number on everyone. I'm working from home some of the time now - which is awesome, but it's still work. I don't have as much time to write as I'd like to.

On the bright side, I have just finished publishing my epic fanfic. Clicking that Complete button is very satisfying.

RDeHwyl

Okay, now I am ripping apart semi-finished chapters of my fic because I noted a timeline error, of all things! It should have been a simple fix, but somehow I managed to realign several plot points, screwed up a future plot point because of the rewrites, and am now sitting here banging my head against my desk...(Not really, only figuratively!) I really need a beta reader to help me fix this...

PH71

Finally managed to get back in the habit of writing again following the craziness of the real word. Only 1,500 words in of a first draft but that's 1,500 more than I've managed in an entire month previously!

PH71

Okay make that 6,600 words :LOL:

I still have a separate portion of the same chapter to go lol, I think it's going to end up comfortably being my longest chapter ever maybe even hitting the 9,000 word count :eek:

PH71

Hit the 9,800 wordcount on here when I uploaded it. Longest chapter ever, written in lockdown after my worst writer's block for ages. :cool:

LilyEPotter

I’m working on “Choices That We Make” and it’s going very slow.

I’m currently working on redoing the entire timeline because I wrote myself into a corner. Hopefully soon I can start rewriting the story itself. Which leads to another dilemma: do I just edit the chapters with the new story and keep all my reviews or start over?

PH71

I’m working on “Choices That We Make” and it’s going very slow.

I’m currently working on redoing the entire timeline because I wrote myself into a corner. Hopefully soon I can start rewriting the story itself. Which leads to another dilemma: do I just edit the chapters with the new story and keep all my reviews or start over?
As wise old Ben Kenobi once said "you must do what you feel is right, of course."

Charlie_Lupin

1. What are you working on writing right now?
  2. How's it going?

This is really hard to say what I am writing because I have 3 wip's. :LOL: Only one is uploaded as a WIP. I also might have broke the Manage Stories thing due to mu tabs.

1: I am working on True Love as well as a wip of one shots

2:Going very very very slow. I just keep getting distracted with things on my computer. I normally am not on my phone unless I'm taking a break or something with work. I mostly try and do the chapters. I have currently working on the third chapter of my book. Feel free to leave comments. I appreciate it honestly. It helps me know what people like or dislike about it and suggestions.

PH71

I'm currently writing a big action sequence chapter, which is something I've not got a whole lot of experience doing, so it's taking me a lot longer to write the chapter than a normal chapter would as I'm having to plan it out stage by stage. I've now got about 1,000 words of just bullet point notes of like a step by step point of what's going to happen. Have a few days off work so will try and get a lot of it out in the coming days.

la_topolina

It's been a rough week over at the Zingarella house. We're all fine, but I haven't been able to write much. I'm hoping to change that tomorrow and work on rewriting chapter 8 of my main WIP (and getting it up-to-date posted here). It's part 2 of my Snape/OC trilogy :)

Eureka Shadow

1. I am working on my main story "It's What Year!?", and I have a shorter story called "Movie Theater Mayhem" that is a work in progress. I also have some stories that I am in the middle of that are going to be hidden until I am completely done with them.

2. They are all going well, but it is taking longer to get it the main point of some of them than I expected. Hopefully, they aren't too confusing!

MissLacybee

I'm working on the twenty-sixth chapter of 'First Impressions, my ongoing Marauder fanfic. I have forty-five chapters planned and I want to have it finished by the end of the month so I can start on the next book in the series... But I have no idea how I'm going to manage that; I don't think I can write and type up one chapter per day! XD

But I'll give it a go and see where I get to. I'm hopeless at deadlines!

PH71

I'm working on the twenty-sixth chapter of 'First Impressions, my ongoing Marauder fanfic. I have forty-five chapters planned and I want to have it finished by the end of the month so I can start on the next book in the series... But I have no idea how I'm going to manage that; I don't think I can write and type up one chapter per day! XD

But I'll give it a go and see where I get to. I'm hopeless at deadlines!
Wow that's some turnaround in writing, fair play!

PH71

I'm currently writing a big action sequence chapter, which is something I've not got a whole lot of experience doing, so it's taking me a lot longer to write the chapter than a normal chapter would as I'm having to plan it out stage by stage. I've now got about 1,000 words of just bullet point notes of like a step by step point of what's going to happen. Have a few days off work so will try and get a lot of it out in the coming days.
My first draft ended up clocking in at just over 12,000 words.

Not looking forward to editing this one :LOL:o_O

RDeHwyl

I think I may just give up -- plot points are a mess, rewrites are hitting brick walls, and the timeline has looped back on itself three times over...