What have you been up to?

TheGov

So, I'll start.

Many of you will remember that my wife and I got married while I was writing the Defining series. Well, I'm pleased to report we're still going strong. Two kids now, TheGovJr, is nearly 9. LittleVinFan has just turned 5. They're good kids, (most of the time. Quarantine hasn't been a picnic.). I teach, as you might recall. I left the school district where I started my career to return home to my hometown district, fulfilling a life goal. VinFan teaches high school chemistry, which was a little different from her original career plan, but we agree she landed where she needed to be. I do all kinds of things here in town, church stuff, my son's cub scout pack, serving on the Zoning Board, and generally living the suburban American experience.

I've kept up writing, with seventy-gagillion works in progress. I wrote a bunch of plays for the high school drama program I directed for a while. I did write a novel (based on one of the plays), but never found a publisher. It's now in a a fuzzy area where I set it in the time I wrote it, but that's been so long now, it would require a major rewrite to update it for publication. It's not old enough to be historic fiction, and not current enough to interest a publisher. Maybe someday I'll clean it up. I have a bunch of other things, everything from alt-history, to sci-fi.

Since quarantine started, I picked up fanfic again, because it's my version of comfort food (not that I've got all this free time, with distance teaching, and homeschooling my kids). I didn't go back to HP, though, because I've been reading the Percy Jackson books with TheGovJr, so I've been writing Percabeth fic, and posting it on AO3.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to, how about you?

Sherylyn

*waves* Good to see you, Gov'ner ;-) I've been busy with a "new" job (4 years now). I stopped pursuing a Ph.D. in 2015, and it's been a great change. I'm now working with an online jewelry company, and do all sorts of customer service-related work with a friend I made via fanfic (not HP; that was during a phase of White Collar fandom, which I still enjoy, but my newest addiction is Supernatural).

My "kids" are now 30 and 27, respectively, and hubby and I jut celebrated our 35th anniversary. Basically, life keeps us busy, but things are good overall. I'm so glad to see others checking out the forums here! <3

Charlie_Lupin

Nice to meet both of you guys. I am a theatre student and a freelancer. I am currently working on coding. I have wattpad, Ao3, and WoP. I am currently engaged to my girlfriend. (im gay). I have also written a book on here called "true love" I don't really have anything interesting in life. Lol

TheGov

*waves* Good to see you, Gov'ner ;-) I've been busy with a "new" job (4 years now). I stopped pursuing a Ph.D. in 2015, and it's been a great change. I'm now working with an online jewelry company, and do all sorts of customer service-related work with a friend I made via fanfic (not HP; that was during a phase of White Collar fandom, which I still enjoy, but my newest addiction is Supernatural).

My "kids" are now 30 and 27, respectively, and hubby and I jut celebrated our 35th anniversary. Basically, life keeps us busy, but things are good overall. I'm so glad to see others checking out the forums here! <3
VinFan is big into White Collar, and we've been watching through it again. Her usual line is "let's go watch pretty people solve crimes".

Sherylyn

VinFan is big into White Collar, and we've been watching through it again. Her usual line is "let's go watch pretty people solve crimes".
She is right on target with that assessment!! <3 You can tell her, if you want, that I got to see Matt Bomer on Broadway two summers ago. He was amazing, as was the whole cast. I can't wait to see the film they've now made based on that same play, "The Boys in the Band." <3

PH71

So, I'll start.

Many of you will remember that my wife and I got married while I was writing the Defining series. Well, I'm pleased to report we're still going strong. Two kids now, TheGovJr, is nearly 9. LittleVinFan has just turned 5. They're good kids, (most of the time. Quarantine hasn't been a picnic.). I teach, as you might recall. I left the school district where I started my career to return home to my hometown district, fulfilling a life goal. VinFan teaches high school chemistry, which was a little different from her original career plan, but we agree she landed where she needed to be. I do all kinds of things here in town, church stuff, my son's cub scout pack, serving on the Zoning Board, and generally living the suburban American experience.

I've kept up writing, with seventy-gagillion works in progress. I wrote a bunch of plays for the high school drama program I directed for a while. I did write a novel (based on one of the plays), but never found a publisher. It's now in a a fuzzy area where I set it in the time I wrote it, but that's been so long now, it would require a major rewrite to update it for publication. It's not old enough to be historic fiction, and not current enough to interest a publisher. Maybe someday I'll clean it up. I have a bunch of other things, everything from alt-history, to sci-fi.

Since quarantine started, I picked up fanfic again, because it's my version of comfort food (not that I've got all this free time, with distance teaching, and homeschooling my kids). I didn't go back to HP, though, because I've been reading the Percy Jackson books with TheGovJr, so I've been writing Percabeth fic, and posting it on AO3.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to, how about you?
Welcome back to the forums.

I don't envy you homeschooling and working from home as a teacher at the moment. I'm not sure what it's like over there in America, but certainly over here in Britain the government/press are doing something of a hit job on teaching unions etc for not wanting the kids to go back to school next week. I like to think most decent people here on the side of the teacher's who only want what is best for the kids at the minute and are all doing a difficult job as best they can in the current circumstances.