What are you reading?

Blue Kat

I am a librarian by day, so I was curious about what people are reading.

I am currently in the middle of The Body: a Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson, who is one of my favorite authors. It is a fascinating book. Before that, I read Bad Blood by John Carryrou (the book about Elizabeth Holmes and the Theranos scandal), which was also fascinating, though for different reasons! What are you reading right now?

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
I have a goal of reading 50 books (not including fanfiction) this year. I'm currently only on the fourth one - Children of Dune by Frank Herbert. Before that, I read Dune Messiah, Dune, and A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick.

RDeHwyl

Currently re-reading Robert Heinlein's "Job: A Comedy of Justice., as well as several Fanfics on the site here...

PH71

I have a goal of reading 50 books (not including fanfiction) this year. I'm currently only on the fourth one - Children of Dune by Frank Herbert. Before that, I read Dune Messiah, Dune, and A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick.
50 books in one year is some effort, fair play!

I usually seem to average around 20-25 depending on how many novels I read, although I think when I hit 25 the other year it was padded out by a re-read of the HP series.

I have a nice 30 minute commute on the train into and home from work so I can usually get through a fair amount of pages in a day.

I've only read the first Dune last year, but I enjoyed it and was much better than I thought it would be as I heard it is notoriously difficult to read but I didn't find that at all. I've had the sequel on my "to pick up" list for a while but I have gone for other stuff instead so far and it's still just kind of sitting there.

I'm currently reading the first Culture novel by Iain Banks 'Consider Phlebas' which is pretty good, re-read The Hobbit a few weeks ago and I'm planning on working my way through the LOTR trilogy once I finish this current book.

Tiffany1567

I just wrote a blog post on my site last week about all the fanfiction that I am currently reading. lol
The HP fics I'm currently reading are
A World Without Grudges Vol. 2 (Teen)
The Reclamation of Black Magic (Explicit)
The Boy-Who-Lived… Is Over There (Teen)
The Soul of the Wolves (Mature)
Changing Scenery (Mature)
Harry Potter and the Witch from Avalon (Mature)
I’m Not The Only One (Teen)
Harry Potter and the Soulmate Bond (Explicit)

Last edited: