Weird ships?

DobbyMinerva

What are some uncommon or rare ships between canon characters that people have written/read about? I'm looking for ones that haven't been explored too much in fanfiction, but aren't entirely implausible.

JMilz

I've been seeing more Ron/Pansy as of late and I don't think I'd seen much of that before - maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.

Blue Kat

I feel like I've seen a fair number of fics with Harry and either Daphne or Astoria Greengrass, which I think is kind of fascinating because neither one of them was really present at all in canon.

Luna/George can be kind of adorable.

JMilz

I could not find an emoji that adequately expressed my surprise that this pairing exists.
It has been a very long time since I read that one and I remember it being a lovely little one-shot but cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. I feel like I need to try that pairing just as a challenge to myself.

Blue Kat

It has been a very long time since I read that one and I remember it being a lovely little one-shot but cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. I feel like I need to try that pairing just as a challenge to myself.
I ran a search on fanfiction.net and it came back with two fics. I was shocked that even one existed, so now I don't know what to do with myself.

That particular challenge might be beyond me. I thought about it for a moment and my brain came back with this:

Narcissa walked into the ballroom, resplendent in a golden gown, hair piled on top of her head in an elegant twist. Hagrid stood waiting for her, his massive frame dwarfed by the tall, cathedral like ceiling.

"Tale as old as time..." sang Angela Lansbury, the transfigured teapot.

Tsubasa Kurono

I'm not into shipping per se, but I like exploring forbidden relationships even if most people are squirmy or uncomfortable with such pairing type. I am well aware of the social stigma for a relationship that is frowned upon or even banned in certain countries/religions, but what I am looking into is mostly to explore the blurring lines between the different types of love - in short, mainly for character studies.

houseofmalfoy

There's a reasonable amount of Narcissa/Hermione or cissamione fic out there, especially at ao3. Definitely one of the lesser common and 'weird' ships, but a personal favourite none the less.

Other rare pairs I like include rodolphus/sirius, though I haven't yet found any fanfiction of them that I enjoyed, and also sirius/narcissa, who I've written before. (A single one-shot posted here, but a bit more on ao3 under the same penname)

Lady Plantagenet

I wrote a story once featuring Regulus Black/Lucius Malfoy. It sounds kind of weird, but it sort of made sense, and I turned it into the idea that Lucius' marriage to Narcissa was a bit of a sham marriage.

Solmussa

Hi! Anyone knows any good Hermione/Sirius stories? I read one once (years ago - can’t remember the name) and whilst I loved the idea it was very badly written. Wondering if there’s anything good out here that anyone can recommend? Thanks!