To You, With Love

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Hello students, readers, writers, and Harry Potter fans,

If you’re anything like us, right now…everything going on in the world might seem a little bit overwhelming. Many of us are stuck in isolation, some officially quarantined, and others are trying to make sense of what’s going on while trying to stay sane and keep our loved ones safe too.

It left us thinking, what a time for fanfiction. There are times you want to dive into your favorite stories again and again, and then there are times you want to search out new adventures for your favorite characters. This is where fanfiction comes in, and this is where it can help heal us, too.

It’s not lost on us that one of our favorite quotes - and one that’s so important right now - is a quote from Harry Potter.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

So today, we’re turning on the light, and we hope you’ll do the same with us. While we’re all stuck in our homes, keeping up with the news but trying not to drown in it, we’re here and we’d love to be here for all of you too.

While that has to mean something different for many interactions, for us…it means that we’re digging into the heart of what HPFF is, what our forum is, what our community is - a place to go when everything else feels too heavy. A place to find peace and excitement and hope when it’s all a little too much everywhere else.

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
I was ill for the first week, but not with COVID-19. I was affected by an e. coli outbreak that I guess sort of went under the radar due to the COVID-19 news. Now, we are in isolation. Sort of put me behind the eight-ball as far as having the information I needed. I have asthma and an autoimmune disorder, so I'm in a particularly sensitive position. It's a great time to get caught up with writing, so now that I'm better, I'm putting a lot of time into that.

Sending love and light to all.

"Constant vigilance." - Barty Crouch Jr. impos. Alastor Moody

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
I was ill for the first week, but not with COVID-19. I was affected by an e. coli outbreak that I guess sort of went under the radar due to the COVID-19 news. Now, we are in isolation. Sort of put me behind the eight-ball as far as having the information I needed. I have asthma and an autoimmune disorder, so I'm in a particularly sensitive position. It's a great time to get caught up with writing, so now that I'm better, I'm putting a lot of time into that.

Sending love and light to all.

"Constant vigilance." - Barty Crouch Jr. impos. Alastor Moody
Oh my goodness, I'm so happy you're feeling better. Let us know if you need anything! I hope you get lots of writing done and stay feeling great :)