Suggestions for HPFF's Forum

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
I'd love to receive feedback from our new and returning community members.

What do you like about the site? What isn't working as well as you think it could be? Please share your suggestions with me, here.

We want this community to be a place where every single member feels welcome. If you read, if you write, if you're just here because you love Harry Potter and this is your first time stumbling across fanfiction...we want you to want to be with us, and I know that means feeling comfortable.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

RDeHwyl

What do you like about the site? What isn't working as well as you think it could be? Please share your suggestions with me, here.

We want this community to be a place where every single member feels welcome. If you read, if you write, if you're just here because you love Harry Potter and this is your first time stumbling across fanfiction...we want you to want to be with us, and I know that means feeling comfortable.

Having been exploring the site, I think a "Table of Contents"/Listing by Author might be a good thing -- just a posted Alphabet/numeral with links to a listing of works by each author. Not sure if I'm explaining it well, but some way to look up ALL the stories by a single author on a single page? Click on a letter, leads to a page with all authors whose name starts with that letter, then click on a name for a list of all works by that author?

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Having been exploring the site, I think a "Table of Contents"/Listing by Author might be a good thing -- just a posted Alphabet/numeral with links to a listing of works by each author. Not sure if I'm explaining it well, but some way to look up ALL the stories by a single author on a single page? Click on a letter, leads to a page with all authors whose name starts with that letter, then click on a name for a list of all works by that author?
Great suggestion! We've made note of this for future development.

RDeHwyl

After more perusal of the site, one thing that would be really helpful would be a listing of members willing to BETA stories before posting, rather than just a thread where one can ask for such help. Heck, I'll even volunteer!

RDeHwyl

One thing I would find personally useful would be a COMPLETE listing of the membership -- trying to use the search feature isn't working, as I entered the name of a person who left a review, and the search returned a "No such member" reply. The review lists the person as a member, so... apparently, the search feature doesn't seem to work...

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
One thing I would find personally useful would be a COMPLETE listing of the membership -- trying to use the search feature isn't working, as I entered the name of a person who left a review, and the search returned a "No such member" reply. The review lists the person as a member, so... apparently, the search feature doesn't seem to work...
You're a master bug finder! We're investigating now.

PH71

I'm thinking y'all might be getting sorry I joined! Found another glitch -- the 'remember me' feature at login doesn't seem to be active...
I think this might be a recent problem as several months ago I never had any problems with it, but noticed similar in the last few weeks. I've just set my Chrome to remember this place automatically to avoid the problem now though.

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Also -- the 'Stay logged in' checkbox doesn't seem to be working, either...
Hey, I meant to reply to this yesterday but it blanked when I was sorting everything else. So sorry. I sent a report to our tech team. Hopefully, we'll get this sorted ASAP. @PH71 - just an FYI for you as well!

Theia Luna

Hi! Sorry I probably should have posted here before.
Is there still a place where it shows how many people have “favorited” a story? I remember being able to see the count go up and now I don’t see it anymore on any story I’ve read or mine. I do see the option to “favorite” but no where showing a count or the people that have favorited it. I remember this was also a pretty cool way to discover other writers and their stories as well.

just something I’ve been noticing and it’s bugging’ me! Lol, thank you!

PH71

One suggestion I have in terms of being a newish reader of the forums, although this is more for the site than the forum part of the site.

I'd like to be able to filter stories by "Most Reviews" or "Most Views" as I find on Fanfiction.Com that's usually a slightly more reliable way to get a lot of historically popular/good stories. At the moment you can onl

It would cool to have that filtered down to Monthly or Yearly if possible (I'm guessing that is a lot harder to configure) but having a monthly or yearly most viewed/reviewed would at least be a unique selling point of this site over fanfiction.com for example.

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Hi! Sorry I probably should have posted here before.
Is there still a place where it shows how many people have “favorited” a story? I remember being able to see the count go up and now I don’t see it anymore on any story I’ve read or mine. I do see the option to “favorite” but no where showing a count or the people that have favorited it. I remember this was also a pretty cool way to discover other writers and their stories as well.

just something I’ve been noticing and it’s bugging’ me! Lol, thank you!
Looking into this now! :)

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
One suggestion I have in terms of being a newish reader of the forums, although this is more for the site than the forum part of the site.

I'd like to be able to filter stories by "Most Reviews" or "Most Views" as I find on Fanfiction.Com that's usually a slightly more reliable way to get a lot of historically popular/good stories. At the moment you can onl

It would cool to have that filtered down to Monthly or Yearly if possible (I'm guessing that is a lot harder to configure) but having a monthly or yearly most viewed/reviewed would at least be a unique selling point of this site over fanfiction.com for example.
Great idea, I'll send this over to tech now! :)

Theia Luna

Hello! Just thought I’d stop by with a few other suggestions that I’ve been noticing.
Would it be possible to have our favorite stories listed to view the same way we can see our own stories on our authors page? Like, numbered, with the Title, and a summary? It’s just that I’ve been looking through them and I’m finding it’s awfully time consuming to click on every single story to find the one I’m looking for, only for it not to be it, go back, automatically get redirected to my page, click back on favorite stories and then repeat the cycle. It just disrupts the flow, I feel?
And while I’m on this subject, I thought I’d mention it, I’m not sure if it is just me or not—but when I swipe back on my phone, it does automatically redirect me back to my authors page and not the page I was previously on. I’m not sure if that’s just a mobile device issue (I can’t remember if it’s on the computer as well, since I’m usually on my phone) Or a me issue lol. But thought I’d mention it all the same.

Appreciate your guys’ time!

Theia Luna

Hello! Been noticing that sometimes when I log in, someone else’s account appears! I log out right away, but just thought I’d mention it :)