Start up some popularity

Victoire kirk

if anyone want their story read i feel we should start posting it on this thread as-well. personally i really want someone to read my story and leave a review. If you have the time it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

MissLacybee

if anyone want their story read i feel we should start posting it on this thread as-well. personally i really want someone to read my story and leave a review. If you have the time it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
I'll read yours :) It can be really frustrating when no one reads things you've written

Charlie_Lupin

I am currently writing a book, but it's a draft. This is what I have so far. Tell me what you guys think of it, and if i need to change anything please let me know!

-Charlie

The sun was bright, like usual, on the December day. The weather was too cold to make the sun melt the snow that was falling down onto the ground like a thick blanket. Students from all houses were outside enjoying the snow. Professor's were in their rooms grading papers that the students have done, while every now and then looking outside to see the gently snowfall. Some owls were flying over the ground to deliver the packages that people were receiving from their family. As I mentioned, student's from all houses were outside, but not all. In the Gryffindor Common, in the boys dormitory, there in the shadows, sat a rather tall boy. His face was covered with scars and next to him was a crumpled up golden wrapper from a chocolate bar from HoneyDukes. His name was Remus Lupin.

Remus Lupin isn't an ordinary boy like everyone else. He is a werewolf. He transforms at night on the full moons, unless his fellow Slytherin by the name of Severus Snape gives him wolfsbane. He was bit when he was rather young. His father insulted Fenrir Greyback. Thanks to his father, he would have been dead by now, but his father saved him. Remus disliked being a werewolf. It would haunt him sometimes and he couldn't get it out of his head. He would toss and turn at night sometimes due to the lycanthropy. He had three other friend's that he knew he could trust with the lycanthropy secret. James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. They were all in Gryffindor and all were Animagis. James and Sirius were the two friends who played Quidditch. James was a seeker and Sirius was a beater. Remus and Peter were in the crowd cheering them on, most of the time.

Remus sighs heavily as he rests his head on the cold, clear window. He knew he should go outside with his mates, and girlfriend, but something else was on his mind. "Full Moon" He gets off the window and sighs heavily as he picks up the trash by his bed and throwing it away. Remus hears the door open and laughter filled the boys dormitory. James and Sirius with rosey cheeks.

"Mate! You should have seen that snowball fight we had with the others!"

"Oh?" Remus said softly as he sits on his bed. Sirius smiles at James and Remus.

"Yea!" Sirius exclaimed as he took off his scarf. "James's come on, let's go to the kitchen to get some warm butterbeer!"

"In a moment Sirius. You can head there without me" James said gently as he watched Sirius nod, disappearing as the door closes behind him. James waited a while before looking at Remus. He noticed that Remus was a bit down. "Remus. There is something on your mind. I can tell. You were happy and playful yesterday and now today, it's like a dark cloud is hovering over you"

"It's the moon" he mumbled as he fiddled with the end of his grey sweater that his girlfriend got him. "I have to tell her you know, sometime," James just nodded understanding the feeling that his friend was feeling.

"If you would like, I could tell-"

"NO!" He exclaimed loudly "No! She is my girlfriend and I need to tell her myself. She will think I am a coward if you do it."

MissLacybee

I found myself writing this random, disconnected scene the other day. It's currently a draft, but I'm thinking of slotting it into one of my stories eventually. It's basically just a thing about how Remus Lupin was attacked by Fenrir Grayback when he was a child. What do you think?

Context: Remus lies awake in bed during second year. His surroundings take him back through his memories.

He lay there for hours, long after the others had fallen asleep, lying so still that every rustle of the Whomping Willow was audible. Yet, inside the tranquillity of his body, his mind was a whirl of thoughts.

One night, nearly eight years ago…

Remus had been four when the attack had happened. His father had come home from work early, shaking his head and looking tired.

“It’s no good, Hope,” Lyell had said. “Greyback’s still on the loose. I told them to keep him in detention, but they wouldn’t listen… And now look where it’s got them…”

Remus had lain there in bed, listening to his parents’ conversation as it drifted up through the floorboards. He wondered why his father sounded so stressed, remembering something he’d overheard two nights ago.

They say he wants revenge, Hope. The rumours are flying. They say he wants revenge for what I said at the Ministry…

None of it made sense. But then, maybe it was a thing only adults knew about.

Remus lay motionless, still listening to the voices, listening until they faded to a drone and he drifted off to what felt like sleep. The trees creaked outside his bedroom window.

Swish, sway… Swish, sway… Swish, sway…

He didn’t know how long he’d been asleep, or if he’d even been asleep at all. The next thing he knew, he was wide awake and blinking in the darkness.

Through a gap in the curtains, a ray of moonlight tumbled, pure white, across his bed.

Something snapped in the branches of the tree outside.

Remus blinked. He didn’t know what had woken him. But, somehow, things didn’t seem quite normal.

He lay very still, and watched the moonlight crawl over his toes and the duvet.

Then the crack came again, followed by a creek and the sound of leaves rustling.
Remus froze, his heart pounding.

Trees didn’t make noises like that. Not on their own, anyway.

He considered crying out to his mother, or maybe even his father, but something kept him in the bed. He was too afraid to move, too scared that he would make things worse by letting whatever it was know that he was there.

What if there was a monster?

He thought of all the pictures his father had shown him in his illustrated copy of ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’, running over the creatures in his mind. All sorts of strange beasts came to his vision, dark and shadowy things that slithered over you in the dead of night.

A shiver ran down his four-year-old spine and he curled his legs tightly into a ball under the duvet. He forced himself to focus only on the shaft of moonlight.

Look at the moonlight. See how pretty it is? Look at the way it falls over everything… Maybe it’s clumsy... Maybe it just likes being on the ground… Maybe it just-

But the next second, Remus had gone still again.

The shaft of moonlight was growing wider. Wider and wider with the gap in the curtains.

Something was sitting on his window ledge. Something huge and hairy, with yellow claws and a long snout, blocking out the moon…

The moonlight on his bed scurried for cover as the creature pounced. Unable to make a sound, Remus gaped, terrified, up at the creature as it slid off the window ledge to land on his bed.

It moved on all fours, creeping softly at first, its matted fur seeming dark grey in the darkness.

Remus opened his mouth to whimper but he never got the words out. In a flash, the creature was upon him, snarling and savage as he ripped at the small boy’s body.

Remus screamed at the terrible pain in his side, screamed so loudly and awfully that it brought his parents crashing out of bed onto the landing.

There was a great bang and the monster was thrown off Remus, Lyell Lupin’s face white in the gloom, his whole body trembling and his wand outstretched. “No!” he gasped as he ran to the window.

But the werewolf and his accomplices had vanished into the night and Remus, with a tiny sob, had fainted.

MissLacybee

I am currently writing a book, but it's a draft. This is what I have so far. Tell me what you guys think of it, and if i need to change anything please let me know!

-Charlie

The sun was bright, like usual, on the December day. The weather was too cold to make the sun melt the snow that was falling down onto the ground like a thick blanket. Students from all houses were outside enjoying the snow. Professor's were in their rooms grading papers that the students have done, while every now and then looking outside to see the gently snowfall. Some owls were flying over the ground to deliver the packages that people were receiving from their family. As I mentioned, student's from all houses were outside, but not all. In the Gryffindor Common, in the boys dormitory, there in the shadows, sat a rather tall boy. His face was covered with scars and next to him was a crumpled up golden wrapper from a chocolate bar from HoneyDukes. His name was Remus Lupin.

Remus Lupin isn't an ordinary boy like everyone else. He is a werewolf. He transforms at night on the full moons, unless his fellow Slytherin by the name of Severus Snape gives him wolfsbane. He was bit when he was rather young. His father insulted Fenrir Greyback. Thanks to his father, he would have been dead by now, but his father saved him. Remus disliked being a werewolf. It would haunt him sometimes and he couldn't get it out of his head. He would toss and turn at night sometimes due to the lycanthropy. He had three other friend's that he knew he could trust with the lycanthropy secret. James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. They were all in Gryffindor and all were Animagis. James and Sirius were the two friends who played Quidditch. James was a seeker and Sirius was a beater. Remus and Peter were in the crowd cheering them on, most of the time.

Remus sighs heavily as he rests his head on the cold, clear window. He knew he should go outside with his mates, and girlfriend, but something else was on his mind. "Full Moon" He gets off the window and sighs heavily as he picks up the trash by his bed and throwing it away. Remus hears the door open and laughter filled the boys dormitory. James and Sirius with rosey cheeks.

"Mate! You should have seen that snowball fight we had with the others!"

"Oh?" Remus said softly as he sits on his bed. Sirius smiles at James and Remus.

"Yea!" Sirius exclaimed as he took off his scarf. "James's come on, let's go to the kitchen to get some warm butterbeer!"

"In a moment Sirius. You can head there without me" James said gently as he watched Sirius nod, disappearing as the door closes behind him. James waited a while before looking at Remus. He noticed that Remus was a bit down. "Remus. There is something on your mind. I can tell. You were happy and playful yesterday and now today, it's like a dark cloud is hovering over you"

"It's the moon" he mumbled as he fiddled with the end of his grey sweater that his girlfriend got him. "I have to tell her you know, sometime," James just nodded understanding the feeling that his friend was feeling.

"If you would like, I could tell-"

"NO!" He exclaimed loudly "No! She is my girlfriend and I need to tell her myself. She will think I am a coward if you do it."
I really liked this - you should definitely keep going. If you post it on the site, let me know and I'll read it. I loved the small details and the description of the weather. I think, in terms of changing anything, it looks pretty good so far, but you could always try 'showing, not telling'. Maybe take your time if you feel like things aren't flowing properly, too. I find that taking things step by step really helps when your writing :)

Charlie_Lupin

I found myself writing this random, disconnected scene the other day. It's currently a draft, but I'm thinking of slotting it into one of my stories eventually. It's basically just a thing about how Remus Lupin was attacked by Fenrir Grayback when he was a child. What do you think?

Context: Remus lies awake in bed during second year. His surroundings take him back through his memories.

He lay there for hours, long after the others had fallen asleep, lying so still that every rustle of the Whomping Willow was audible. Yet, inside the tranquillity of his body, his mind was a whirl of thoughts.

Remus had been four when the attack had happened. His father had come home from work early, shaking his head and looking tired.

“It’s no good, Hope,” Lyell had said. “Greyback’s still on the loose. I told them to keep him in detention, but they wouldn’t listen… And now look where it’s got them…”

Remus had lain there in bed, listening to his parents’ conversation as it drifted up through the floorboards. He wondered why his father sounded so stressed, remembering something he’d overheard two nights ago.

They say he wants revenge, Hope. The rumours are flying. They say he wants revenge for what I said at the Ministry…

Remus lay motionless, still listening to the voices, listening until they faded to a drone and he drifted off to what felt like sleep. The trees creaked outside his bedroom window.

He didn’t know how long he’d been asleep, or if he’d even been asleep at all. The next thing he knew, he was wide awake and blinking in the darkness.

Through a gap in the curtains, a ray of moonlight tumbled, pure white, across his bed.

Remus blinked. He didn’t know what had woken him. But, somehow, things didn’t seem quite normal.

Then the crack came again, followed by a creek and the sound of leaves rustling.

He considered crying out to his mother, or maybe even his father, but something kept him in the bed. He was too afraid to move, too scared that he would make things worse by letting whatever it was know that he was there.

He thought of all the pictures his father had shown him in his illustrated copy of ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’, running over the creatures in his mind. All sorts of strange beasts came to his vision, dark and shadowy things that slithered over you in the dead of night.

A shiver ran down his four-year-old spine and he curled his legs tightly into a ball under the duvet. He forced himself to focus only on the shaft of moonlight.

Look at the moonlight. See how pretty it is? Look at the way it falls over everything… Maybe it’s clumsy... Maybe it just likes being on the ground… Maybe it just-

The shaft of moonlight was growing wider. Wider and wider with the gap in the curtains.

Something was sitting on his window ledge. Something huge and hairy, with yellow claws and a long snout, blocking out the moon…

The moonlight on his bed scurried for cover as the creature pounced. Unable to make a sound, Remus gaped, terrified, up at the creature as it slid off the window ledge to land on his bed.

It moved on all fours, creeping softly at first, its matted fur seeming dark grey in the darkness.

Remus opened his mouth to whimper but he never got the words out. In a flash, the creature was upon him, snarling and savage as he ripped at the small boy’s body.

Remus screamed at the terrible pain in his side, screamed so loudly and awfully that it brought his parents crashing out of bed onto the landing.

There was a great bang and the monster was thrown off Remus, Lyell Lupin’s face white in the gloom, his whole body trembling and his wand outstretched. “No!” he gasped as he ran to the window.

But the werewolf and his accomplices had vanished into the night and Remus, with a tiny sob, had fainted.
This is really interesting! I'll take you advice that you told me!

Charlie_Lupin

Maybe you could add this into a flashback of Remus's mind

Charlie_Lupin

I know I have stopped writing due to work but ever since Covid happened I have gotten more time on my hands for writing. I know I love looking at fan art from "atalienart". Her art is fantastic. She does art from mostly the Harry Potter realm of things. I was looking through her drawings and I suddenly thought of an idea, why don't I find a series of photos I like of a character/ ship, and write a fan fic about the pictures,and each picture be a new chapter.
What do you guys think of the idea. I like it but I want to know your opinion.

Hi! I just posted my first fanfiction three days ago, it's called: "Spiritual children", it is about Founders traveling in time to Harry's second year and adopting some children. Not saying more, don't want to give you spoilers. If you are interested, please read it, Hope you like it! Btw, English is not my first language, so please point any mistakes you find. Thank you!

BookwormGirl

I know I have stopped writing due to work but ever since Covid happened I have gotten more time on my hands for writing. I know I love looking at fan art from "atalienart". Her art is fantastic. She does art from mostly the Harry Potter realm of things. I was looking through her drawings and I suddenly thought of an idea, why don't I find a series of photos I like of a character/ ship, and write a fan fic about the pictures,and each picture be a new chapter.
What do you guys think of the idea. I like it but I want to know your opinion.
That's a great idea!