Spaces in user names

White Eyebrow

Hello,

Got another one for you. It's not an issue for me, but just something to put in your bug queue: my pen name normally has a space, and it works fine; however, the forum side of the site does not like it, so when I want to peruse and post here, I have to replace the space with an underscore (probably because my pen name originally had an underscore many many many years ago :p). Not an issue for me as it's not a big deal to switch back and forth, but I imagine it makes for a wierd edge case.

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Hello,

Got another one for you. It's not an issue for me, but just something to put in your bug queue: my pen name normally has a space, and it works fine; however, the forum side of the site does not like it, so when I want to peruse and post here, I have to replace the space with an underscore (probably because my pen name originally had an underscore many many many years ago :p). Not an issue for me as it's not a big deal to switch back and forth, but I imagine it makes for a wierd edge case.
That sounds super annoying! We'll look into it, thank you :)

-Ronnie

Blue Kat

I'm going to make it weirder: I have never encountered this issue trying to log in with my username and I, too, have a space. The plot thickens!

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Hello,

We've fixed this issue and updated your forum username to allow for the space :D - Thanks for reporting this!

-Ronnie