Some chapters have white background for text, some don't

oldnumberseven

Due to my last support ticket about a potential XSS attack, I've been copying and pasting directly from Word. However, when I publish some chapters, it includes a white background for all my text:

But not all chapters have it:

I've also noticed that some chapters will retain my original double spacing from Word and others don't.

I've checked my Word doc and I don't have a white background color set. I know I have an older version of Word, but do you have any tips on how to troubleshoot this issue?

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Due to my last support ticket about a potential XSS attack, I've been copying and pasting directly from Word. However, when I publish some chapters, it includes a white background for all my text:

View attachment 40

But not all chapters have it:

View attachment 41

I've also noticed that some chapters will retain my original double spacing from Word and others don't.

I've checked my Word doc and I don't have a white background color set. I know I have an older version of Word, but do you have any tips on how to troubleshoot this issue?
Hey there! Can you tell me what version of Word you have?

Old versions of word are becoming the bane of my existence haha.

Also, thanks for reporting this, each report gets us one step closer to building a better platform!

-Ronnie

oldnumberseven

My version is from 2015. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help! And side note, I am planning on getting a newer version of word when I update my computer in a month or so, so I can test things out then :)

darsynia

Staff member
In the meantime, I have a suggestion: If you have a google account, you could copy the text into a google docs file and then make sure there isn't a hardcoded background color from there. That way you can at least still post your chapters until we figure out what exactly the issue is!

I use a docs file to edit out the extra 'hard return' that sometimes archives add when you have your paragraphs separated by the enter key. I name it 'Transition Doc' or something and just copy over with the new stuff every time I need to use it. That way you don't have to feel like you're filling up your google docs with multiple files just for this issue.