Slytherin are they all always bad can you have a good Slytherin

Does it always have to be Slytherin's are bad and gryffindor's are good and the other houses are neu

• Yes it will always be that way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know it depends on how you look at it

• Who knows only jk Rowling she wrote the books

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's like asking can you have a bad hufflepuf or bad gryffindor it's not explored as Slytherin's are portaded as bad people and gryffindor's good then the other two are neutral but is always like that or not can you have bad gryffindor and a good Slytherin???
What do you think

It's like asking can you have a bad hufflepuf or bad gryffindor it's not explored as Slytherin's are portaded as bad people and gryffindor's good then the other two are neutral but is always like that or not can you have bad gryffindor and a good Slytherin???
What do you think
I feel the same way! Like why is the ambition of Slytherin's always translated to power hungry. What if their ambition is to get good marks in school or to look good that day or to do something good. There is a lot you don't know about the people in Slytherin. And just because you are in a house with certain traits doesn't mean you act on those all the time. I have met mean Hufflepuffs, stuck-up Gryffindors, not so bright Ravenclaws, and very nice Slytherins. We need to stop thinking of people a certain way because of the house they are in.

I feel the same way! Like why is the ambition of Slytherin's always translated to power hungry. What if their ambition is to get good marks in school or to look good that day or to do something good. There is a lot you don't know about the people in Slytherin. And just because you are in a house with certain traits doesn't mean you act on those all the time. I have met mean Hufflepuffs, stuck-up Gryffindors, not so bright Ravenclaws, and very nice Slytherins. We need to stop thinking of people a certain way because of the house they are in.
I see

Bookpanda12

Agreed

RDeHwyl

Individuals are just that -- there isn't a quantifiable quality that will fit everyone. I made mention of a fair and honourable Slytherin Quidditch Captain in "Harry Potter and the Philtre of Promise", and if you want an example of a bad Gryffindor, look no further than Peter Pettigrew.

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
I agree - there are qualities in all of us which allow us to be seen as 'good or bad'. There's an old quote about wolves living inside of you, and whichever one you feed is the one that 'wins'. I am a Slytherin and I've had friends tell me they just can't see me as one and I've often told them that they're taking Slytherin traits and only looking at them with a negative lens. For each positive trait, there's a negative reflection and vice versa.

Ginny Lovegood

Houses just highlight peoples traits, not describe who they are. You can be both smart and nice, both brave and ambition. One doesn't cancel out the other, it's just that some traits stand out more than others. I see myself as a Slytherclaw, both smart and ambitious, but many people call me a daredevil, and I guess I'm nice? I used to love Gryffindor because I thought it was the only good house, but I fell in love with my really house Ravenclaw, and now understand how houses don't tell you if your good or bad, smart or dumb, mean or nice, brave or cowardly.