Saving Automatically

Sometimes, I accidentally close the tab when I'm writing and I lose my chapter. If it is possible, could you make it save automatically? @Ashley Marie @Ronnie Deaver, ty.
Yes, totally! I've been using quotev a little lately, and it saves almost automatically (few seconds or so). It's really helpful!

But, I also would recommend writing on another thing that does save automatically... like a document, or Word doc, or something, which is very helpful.

DONKLEE

Sometimes, I accidentally close the tab when I'm writing and I lose my chapter. If it is possible, could you make it save automatically? @Ashley Marie @Ronnie Deaver, ty.

I can feel your pain from miles away. Believe it or not, I had to type my upcoming chapter 5 TIMES! because the site keeps refreshing every time I switch tabs. Lesson learnt; Save your work before you leave.

HufflePaw

Yes, totally! I've been using quotev a little lately, and it saves almost automatically (few seconds or so). It's really helpful!

But, I also would recommend writing on another thing that does save automatically... like a document, or Word doc, or something, which is very helpful.
I tried that for a while, but it comes in bold, and de-bolding it is a pain bc it doesn't do it all at once.

Gryffindors_Army12

I accidentally deleted a whole chapter two days ago because my computer shut down. And the new version is way worse than the original. So, yep, I totally agree. This would be a great feature!
I remember one of my chapters was like 3,000 words long, I had been writing and editing the chapter for 3 days! My tab refreshed itself when I was on the last sentence. And I had to restart the entire chapter, and the new version is so much worse than my original version.

TheRavenpuffPoet

I remember one of my chapters was like 3,000 words long, I had been writing and editing the chapter for 3 days! My tab refreshed itself when I was on the last sentence. And I had to restart the entire chapter, and the new version is so much worse than my original version.
That happened when I was typing on my iPad(like I am right now) and I had to re-write a whole(really good) chapter(that I had no Idea what I wrote in it cause it wasn’t preplanned)

~BP

TheRavenpuffPoet

Yeah, I use Google docs. But I hate un-bolding everything...

Sometimes it’s not all un-bolded.

And it doesn’t let me unbold some stuff either.

really annoying :T

~BP

Yeah, I use Google docs. But I hate un-bolding everything...

Sometimes it’s not all un-bolded.

And it doesn’t let me unbold some stuff either.

really annoying :T

~BP
Yeah, I totally agree! When I copy-paste text that isn't all italics but has some italics, it doesn't italicize (that is mostly likely not a word)...

It's kinda annoying, but at least this way I don't loose my work.

TheRavenpuffPoet

Oh. Well I guess I should just tell you that if you press Ctrl+A or highlight all the text, then you can go to the font section, change it from NORMAL to Heading 1 or something, then change it back to NORMAL and it isn't bolded anymore. I made this technique up and it has worked so far.

-TRF

MissLacybee

Oh. Well I guess I should just tell you that if you press Ctrl+A or highlight all the text, then you can go to the font section, change it from NORMAL to Heading 1 or something, then change it back to NORMAL and it isn't bolded anymore. I made this technique up and it has worked so far.

-TRF
THANK YOU! I've had to keep pasting it into fanfiction.net, then copying it back over XD It took ages

-TRF
Yeah, I do that. It works really well.

The unbolding process is a pain, though! I know some fanfiction authors just don't unbold; it takes to much time.

HufflePaw

-TRF
THANK YOU!!! You just saved my life!!! That effing de-bolder has been giving me hell.