Reverting to Old Versions

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
My draft has reverted to an old version three times now. I've lost about 700 words. Is it possible to see what's going on with this? I've put about 40 hours into editing this chapter and it keeps going backwards. :(

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Hey doll,

Do you mind letting me know if this has fixed itself, and did you receive any error messages when saving? Can you let me know what happened as you saved? Tech needs to know as much detail as possible. I'm so sorry!

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
Hey doll,

Do you mind letting me know if this has fixed itself, and did you receive any error messages when saving? Can you let me know what happened as you saved? Tech needs to know as much detail as possible. I'm so sorry!
So it showed that it saved but then I'd open the chapter later and it would have reverted part of the draft to an old revision, but not the entire thing? It was a bit weird really. It didn't seem to repeat the last time I did it so as I work on this next chapter I'll copy/paste each save into a Google Doc for testing to see if it happens again. I'll let you know if I see it reoccur!