Restricted?

White Eyebrow

Hello,

It's been a while since I've uploaded; kudos on the site updates. I noticed the "Restricted Section" feature in story searches. I understand that stories are now published instantly, but is there a separate facility to get them moderated? Does this apply to older stories that have been validated.

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Hello,

It's been a while since I've uploaded; kudos on the site updates. I noticed the "Restricted Section" feature in story searches. I understand that stories are now published instantly, but is there a separate facility to get them moderated? Does this apply to older stories that have been validated.
Hi there,

Thanks for posting this question and thanks @Ashley Marie for tagging me.

Long story short - The Restricted Section is an unfinished function of HPFF that was hastily made in order to allow new writers to publish instantly with-out completely removing the option for users to only find "Family Friendly" content approved by the previous moderation system. In the long term, this function will be better refined as a personal filtering option for users to self select what sort of ratings of material and types of material they wish to be exposed to in their searches.

For now, the restricted section is included as a "default" yes for all users, such that one must manually choose to only find stories that were published through the old moderating system [Note: old stories updated today will be instantly published under the new system and no longer appear on "Restricted Section Disabled" searches].

There is no way to be moderated by the old system, but this unfinished function is on our Product Roadmap to vastly improve.

Let me know if that answers your questions and thanks for joining the community!

Cheers,
-Ronnie

Elena

Same topic, but given we can discuss NSFW fiction on the forums, I'm just wondering if we can post these stories to the archive?