read read read Ravenclaws

pathfinder

As a 'puff, I'm barging uninvited into your train compartment. What story of yours would you like me to read?

pathfinder

Perfect. Send me a link and I'll start tonight.

What feedback are you looking for specifically: do you want me to make editorial changes (detailed), review specific parts of the story (dialogue, setting, etc.) or just provide a general overview?

pathfinder

so here is my story! (If you press on here it will come up!)
A quick note on my review (posted now). Giving criticism is easy; anyone can get online and post what they think about anything. Receiving criticism on the other hand is very difficult. Putting something that you created – that you have an emotional attachment to – out there to be poked and prodded is never an easy thing. And then to ask people to tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly about what you’ve created is even harder. It’s acknowledging that your writing has flaws (and everyone’s writing has flaws…even JKR…after all, how did Fred and George never notice Peter Pettigrew hanging out in Ron’s room for three years.)

The point is that you are ever striving to get better and to grow as an author and peer reviews are a necessary part of that. What I tried to do in my review was not just to offer criticism, but to offer constructive criticism. Not just pointing out the things that I liked or didn’t like, but how I think you might duplicate or improve them. The other advice I would offer is to get others’ opinion. Nobody (that I know of) on this site is an accomplished author; we’re all amateurs. But we each bring our strengths to the table in terms of how we write, how we think, and how we can encourage and help each other. I’d encourage you to post this under the “Writers/Writer’s Nook/Request Reviews” section and get others’ perspective. Or, reach out to the beta reviewers: @Ashley Marie, @RDeHwyl, or @morrigan_crow.

I think you're a great author with great ideas. Keep improving, keep working...and keep writing!