• By abandoning the story!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’d rather not say

• Other

• Total voters

Bookpanda12

Hi, I noticed that my story, Alison Malfoy And The Truth Yet To Be Told doesn’t have a lot of reviews, is it because I don’t update as much? I don’t update As much because in the prequel, someone said it was too short, so I try to make it longer. Is it also because the story is horrible?

-Bookpanda12

Huh... my opinion is: you do need to improve because well... everyone needs to be constantly improving. It's not because your writing is bad or because you receive only a few reviews, but because that's one of the points of writing: to become a better writer.

But again... as long as you keep writing and keep being critical of your own writing, you will naturally improve. It's the natural way of things, really. Don't sweat over it.

As for reviews, there are many reasons why someone might not be getting many. Bad writing is only one of them; a proof of this is how some amazing fics have no reviews or some terribly written fics have hundreds. Other reasons could be: unpopular ship, not much/bad advertising, updating it in certain times of the day etc.

Again, don't sweat over it. Keep doing your thing, keep writing and reviewing your writing with a critical eye (but not overly critical, be gentle with yourself since nobody is perfect). You will improve yourself naturally... as for reviews, well... I don't know how to get them since I rarely receive them. Sorry about that... :unsure:

Bookpanda12

Huh... my opinion is: you do need to improve because well... everyone needs to be constantly improving. It's not because your writing is bad or because you receive only a few reviews, but because that's one of the points of writing: to become a better writer.

But again... as long as you keep writing and keep being critical of your own writing, you will naturally improve. It's the natural way of things, really. Don't sweat over it.

As for reviews, there are many reasons why someone might not be getting many. Bad writing is only one of them; a proof of this is how some amazing fics have no reviews or some terribly written fics have hundreds. Other reasons could be: unpopular ship, not much/bad advertising, updating it in certain times of the day etc.

Again, don't sweat over it. Keep doing your thing, keep writing and reviewing your writing with a critical eye (but not overly critical, be gentle with yourself since nobody is perfect). You will improve yourself naturally... as for reviews, well... I don't know how to get them since I rarely receive them. Sorry about that... :unsure:
Thank you so much! I’m going to review your story when I can