NaNoWriMo 2019 - November Challenge

Kamiccola

November is National Novel Writing Month and many take on the challenge to write 50,000 words during that time.

This will be my first NaNo. I'm prepping two books for it.
One is an HP book (Book 2 of The New Order of Merlin - I'm posting chapters of Book 1 here regularly).
The other is a book for Carnival Row fandom.

As I'm getting my outlines ready, I'm also getting antsy, want to get started writing but need to keep the words in. I don't want to cheat. This is a challenge where you're the only one that knows the truth of whether you won or not.

NaNo site has a section with tips on writing an outline and I fell in love with the Save the Cat method (aka BS2). It is absolutely perfect. It helps you jot down the plot AND watch the pacing - which parts of the plot should take up how much space in the book so it flows well. The same method is used when writing screenplays for movies and it works for novels as well.
NaNo Prep Workshop - tips and tools.

Will any of you take on the challenge this year?

If you're on the NaNo site, I'm there as Kamiccola - let's be buddies and cheer each other on.

Marauders001

Hello! I'm considering doing NaNoWriMo this year just because it's been years since I attempted to write a novel, but if I don't end up going through with it, I'll still cheer you on, I think it's amazing that you're aiming to do two!

Kamiccola

Hello! I'm considering doing NaNoWriMo this year just because it's been years since I attempted to write a novel, but if I don't end up going through with it, I'll still cheer you on, I think it's amazing that you're aiming to do two!
:giggle: I don't know if I'll do two but I'm prepping them both. It might come in useful to be able to jump to something else if I get stuck. I can't decide which one I want to work on more.