Myrtle Warren

Eureka Shadow

Myrtle, known to most people as Moaning Myrtle, is not necessarily my favorite character, but she deserves to be noticed.
She was one of the reasons that Harry and Ron were able to save Ginny from Tom Riddle. If she had not told them where the Basilisk came from, they probably never would have known where to start looking. Also, when Harry uses Sectumsempra on Draco in the bathroom she is the one that yells for help. This is another scene that shows that she was listening to Draco because he was upset. Other people most likely would have made fun of him for crying and having problems, even though everyone does. She understands what it's like to be lonely.

The story would have been a lot different had she not been a part of it.
I even dressed up as her for Halloween in 7th grade! Personally, I think that I look king of like her.

I think Myrtle is a great concept of a character that was, unfortunately, used very little by Rowling. I don't particularly like or dislike her, but she's a good character for sure.

Her scenes are usually funny in a weirdly morbid way, which adds to the dark scenarios of Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire. She always fits well in the scenes, never just in the background for the sake of nothing (like, unfortunately, some of my characters). Even in Half-Blood Prince, her role was big even though she was there just for a moment.

Her arc throughout the series is meaningful even though her appearances brief.