Media button - I want to be able to use gifs, please

Kamiccola

I tried out a media button today and it doesn't seem to work correctly.
It was a link from giphy. I tried by pasting a link (which inserted the media code) and by actually using the media option (which resulted in the same code).

It comes up blank (it looks the same in preview and live).

What's weird is that if I hover over it, the frame is there, the "related" gifs are there and animated but the intended gif is not visible.

Here's how the media code looked like:

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
It was a link from giphy. I tried by pasting a link (which inserted the media code) and by actually using the media option (which resulted in the same code).

View attachment 79

What's weird is that if I hover over it, the frame is there, the "related" gifs are there and animated but the intended gif is not visible.

View attachment 80

View attachment 81

That is strange! How did you attach the media? To attach them to properly show up in forums (which I've done for our monthly writing challenges) I have to add them in a specific way.

First - insert image, then there are two options at the top - to upload the image or to use the link. Click use link, and copy the link there.

I'll see if there's another way we can use gifs here, but if not, that's a way to make sure they show up where you want them to :)

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member

View attachment 79

View attachment 80

View attachment 81
That's the insert image button I'm talking about.