I've saved a story but there's no stories listed on my profile

LilithLucian

Hi,

So I've uploaded my story and saved it but it doesn't seem to be coming up on my profile nor can I see it listed to read. Also, I keep getting the server error notification.

Please help,

Thank you :D

Hm. Well, I don't have any tips, sorry, but it is nice to see someone is keeping this site alive. Maybe it's because the stories saved as a draft, and the site thinks it's not ready to be out in the open yet?

Okay, figured it out. I think.
If you go to the chapter, and where it says Draft, with a check box next to it, you can unclick that box, and your chapter is seen as complete and put on your page.

I'm having a similar problem with the first chapter of my new story that I wanted to put up ages ago but is not showing as available to read on the site. I was wondering if I'd something wrong whilst uploading it.

If someone could give me step by step instructions (via PM) on how to upload the start of a story on here I'd be most grateful. I could then maybe find out where I went wrong in the first place. And also why some of my stories are showing as restricted when they shouldn't be.

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
I'm having a similar problem with the first chapter of my new story that I wanted to put up ages ago but is not showing as available to read on the site. I was wondering if I'd something wrong whilst uploading it.

If someone could give me step by step instructions (via PM) on how to upload the start of a story on here I'd be most grateful. I could then maybe find out where I went wrong in the first place. And also why some of my stories are showing as restricted when they shouldn't be.
@Ashley Marie can you help out here? Thanks much!

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Just an FYI that I realized myself a moment ago, when saving a story make sure you go back into the story (via manage stories) and click on the chapter uploaded - make sure that the 'draft' box is unchecked. I had to look about 3 times before I realized that this was my issue in saving the stories and making them visible to everyone! I do have screen shots to help too if anyone still needs assistance.

That appears to have sorted the matter out for me, and the start of my story now appears to have gone directly onto the site. If one of you could check that and confirm that would be great. Thanks for your help Ashley and Ronnie.

Now, all I have to do is figure out why some of the stories are showing up as restricted and the others aren't.

Last edited:

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
That appears to have sorted the matter out for me, and the start of my story now appears to have gone directly onto the site. If one of you could check that and confirm that would be great. Thanks for your help Ashley and Ronnie.

Now, all I have to do is figure out why some of the stories are showing up as restricted and the others aren't.
I see it :) so happy we’ve got that figured out. Restricted means published currently, another thing we’re working on.

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member

Specifically, restricted section means "Published since the relaunch of the site and the advent of instant publishing" - its a way to separate stories that were published using the old HPFF's moderation system vs the new stories.

Its on our radar to improve.

Thank you!
-R