Ice Breakers - April 2019

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
  • If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
  • If you could have played any character in the Harry Potter realm on film, who would it have been?
  • If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
  • If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
  • If you could magically become fluent in any language, what would it be?
  • If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
  • If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose and why?
  • If you could choose any person from history to be your imaginary friend, who would it be and why?
  • If you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?
  • If you could design a new uniform for your Harry Potter house, what would it look like?
  • Would you rather have a rewind or a pause button for your life?
  • What is the best gift anyone has given to you?
  • What is your favorite vacation spot?

Blue Kat

• If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
    • Eleanor.
  • If you could have played any character in the Harry Potter realm on film, who would it have been?
    • Hermione, probably. Possibly Tonks.
  • If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
    • Hmm. Time management, maybe? Or possibly something practical like coding languages. Other than HTML, I kind of know enough that I can sort of muddle around and get things to work, but it takes a lot of time and frustration.
  • If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
    • I actually do a fair amount of teaching for my job, so I get to do this a lot! I've taught knitting, computer/tech classes, crafts, and more.
  • If you could magically become fluent in any language, what would it be?
    • The practical part of me says Spanish, but I'm tempted by the prettiness of French.
  • If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
    • Probably somewhere in my late 20s. I feel like that's old enough to sort of have some stuff figured out, but it's still young enough that you can get away with being like "I have no idea how mortgages work" and it's not super shocking.
  • If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose and why?
    • I have recently become completely obsessed with the Netflix reboot of Queer Eye, so probably that one. I love how positive they are and how the show focuses on self-care and self-confidence.
  • If you could choose any person from history to be your imaginary friend, who would it be and why?
    • I think I'd probably choose Mr. Rogers because he was a good and kind man and I feel like I could use a pep talk every now and then.
  • If you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?
    • Assuming that I'd be able to get energy some other way, eliminating sleeping would allow me to get a LOT more accomplished.
  • If you could design a new uniform for your Harry Potter house, what would it look like?
    • I have to admit, I am tempted by the prospect of loungewear. Which is pretty on brand for a Hufflepuff.
  • Would you rather have a rewind or a pause button for your life?
    • Initially, my instinct was a rewind button so I could fix all of my mistakes, but now I'm thinking that pause makes more sense if I'm allowed to continue doing stuff while the world is paused. Also, if this is the universe where I'm also able to eliminate sleeping, I will be the most productive, put together person EVER.
  • What is the best gift anyone has given to you?
    • In college, I had some health problems and I ended up being on medical leave for about a year. There were parts of it that were really rough. One day, completely out of nowhere, a package arrives for me. My closest friends from high school had put together a care package that included a scrapbook of letters that they wrote telling me how much I meant to them as a friend, along with some other little gifts. I bawled. It was one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for me and just completely unexpected.
  • What is your favorite vacation spot?
    • My family goes to a place in Michigan that is super relaxing and nice.

Tsubasa Kurono

If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
Shizuka.

If you could have played any character in the Harry Potter realm on film, who would it have been?
Neville Longbottom.

If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
Asian magic and wizarding history.

If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
Sarcasm.

If you could magically become fluent in any language, what would it be?
All languages. I love learning new languages, anyway.

If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
15. My favorite number.

If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose and why?
None. I don't really watch or care about reality TV programs.

If you could choose any person from history to be your imaginary friend, who would it be and why?
Ernest Hemingway or Oscar Wilde. I think we'll all get along very well.

If you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?
Answering phone calls. I hate ringing phones with a passion.

If you could design a new uniform for your Harry Potter house, what would it look like?
Do away with the robes and go with long coats so it's easier to walk and move around. Besides, no one wear robes in the 21st century unless it's a bathing robe.

Would you rather have a rewind or a pause button for your life?
Pause. To give myself more time to think and reconsider my plans before making the big decision. Rewind button is for the indecisive and those too chicken to see the choices they have made till the very end.

What is the best gift anyone has given to you?
Peace and tranquility. I bloody need it given how... noisily dramatic my life has been for so many years.

What is your favorite vacation spot?
The Nara Park in Japan when I went there with friends some years ago.