HPFF Guidelines

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Welcome to HPFF!

We are so excited to have you here with us on this journey through fanfiction. We hope, when visiting our website and forum, that you find passion, inspiration, hope, and desire. As writers, readers, and lovers of fanfiction - passion is something we experience every day. From that first sip of our favorite coffee or tea to those lines in our favorite fanfiction stories that grip us, to our relationships and our dreams. Without passion, there’s not this other world to experience…there's no drive to get there.

To keep us all passionate about fanfiction, we have created a spaced for everyone to find something they can relate to. This means that the forum is constantly growing and changing. To keep up with the growth and changes, we’ve got a few rules we set in place to enhance your experience with us.

First and foremost: please create an account with us and join in! You can browse threads without an account, but some content is for community members only and you'll get more out of your experience with us. Plus, we want to get to know you as we build a community. You can introduce yourself, here, once you've started an account with us.

When posting on the forum, please try to stay relevant within the thread topic. We have tried to create threads to discuss or ask questions on many topics we found important in researching, reading, and writing fanfiction. If we stay on topic in the threads, we’ll be able to have deeper and more fulfilling discussions.

If you do not see a thread for a question you have, ask one in our support ticket thread, please. If we see an area where we’ve missed covering a topic, we’d be happy to set something up quickly so you can get your feelings/questions acknowledged and answered.

Please, don’t spam within the thread. We want to be able to read comments and submissions from everyone. Spamming makes it harder for us to find relevant content. If you are looking for a space to talk, we have one. It’s in our newly released ‘lounge’ or in our ‘pop culture’ section. You can chat about other things in the pop culture realm you love, or just ask about anything else in the lounge. We want to form relationships within our community as we are focusing on writing.

Our welcome letter discusses a bit of why we wanted to create the forum, and what our hopes are with it. That letter can be found within the headmaster’s office.

In terms of the type of fanfiction you'll see on HPFF, there are no limits! We want you to feel comfortable sharing any work you've written. We ask that you tag any 'restrictions' your story may have (in terms of things like NSFW or trigger warnings). Other than that, feel free to share your talent with us. The thread to share your work with us is here - and you'll see the layout includes space for any warnings associated with your story.

In line with the above mentioned - no ship bashing is allowed. We welcome HP fanfiction without limits, and that means we want to allow our community to enjoy fanfiction without limits. This is important - please let me know if you see this happening across the forum. You don't have to approve of a ship, or even like it, but we ask you to respect those who do.

Last, be kind to one another. There are many areas of life where we all struggle, and the fanfiction realm is one place that many go to find solace from those day to day ups and downs. Kindness goes a long way in inspiring one another, and that’s something we hope you get here. Inspiration.

Thank you so much for joining us in our little corner of the internet.
- Ashley

Last edited:

la_topolina

If you do not see a thread for a question you have, ask one in our support ticket thread, please. If we see an area where we’ve missed covering a topic, we’d be happy to set something up quickly so you can get your feelings/questions acknowledged and answered.
just for clarification--does this mean that you'd rather not have members start their own threads?

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
just for clarification--does this mean that you'd rather not have members start their own threads?
You absolutely can - I just meant where some may not exist - asking first or shooting us an idea may allow us to create a section for a thread to start. I've recently moved some around to places they may get more traffic/seemed to fit better alongside. :) I'm happy to see new threads being created, I just try to keep us on topic/in the corresponding realm as much as possible.

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Great question - there is no age limit - which is why I probably seem adamant about "warnings" and really giving a summary of work before posting. It just allows anyone reading to get a feel for what they could come across in your story!! I want people of all ages and 'levels' of fanfiction reading/writing to come here and feel like there's a place for them.

Bookpanda12

Great question - there is no age limit - which is why I probably seem adamant about "warnings" and really giving a summary of work before posting. It just allows anyone reading to get a feel for what they could come across in your story!! I want people of all ages and 'levels' of fanfiction reading/writing to come here and feel like there's a place for them.
Ok, thank you, I thought I was too young for a second.

Thanks for telling me!