Help on starting story?

Pigmypuffemerald

Welp help me if I'm wrong but isn't
First :introduction about her to Sumatran and arriving at Hogwarts
Then first.personification. Lol or.third.But I don't wamt.it.to.soound.to.childddd like!.(}ols)

MissLacybee

I want Hermione and Draco together, the dark lord still alive and the ruler.
Okay. Well, I would personally start with some kind of description. If the Dark Lord is still alive, I guess things would be pretty dark/miserable. You could maybe start writing about the darkness, then zoom out to the bigger picture. Then, you could start adding in details like the fact that Draco and Hermione are together... And is Harry/Ron/etc. still alive?

Alternatively, you could start with the Battle of Hogwarts. Maybe there are bodies all around, Harry is...dead? Missing? Still trying to fight Voldemort?... and Draco is standing with his parents at the side of the Great Hall, pale-faced and weary. Hermione could be there too, watching him, and Voldemort is about to attack them all for not handing Harry over?

I realise that I’ve massively jumped to conclusions with this, assuming that it’s set after/during the Battle of Hogwarts.

If that’s not what you’re going for, I can offer some other suggestions.

Hope this helps a bit!

Bookpanda12

Okay. Well, I would personally start with some kind of description. If the Dark Lord is still alive, I guess things would be pretty dark/miserable. You could maybe start writing about the darkness, then zoom out to the bigger picture. Then, you could start adding in details like the fact that Draco and Hermione are together... And is Harry/Ron/etc. still alive?

Alternatively, you could start with the Battle of Hogwarts. Maybe there are bodies all around, Harry is...dead? Missing? Still trying to fight Voldemort?... and Draco is standing with his parents at the side of the Great Hall, pale-faced and weary. Hermione could be there too, watching him, and Voldemort is about to attack them all for not handing Harry over?

I realise that I’ve massively jumped to conclusions with this, assuming that it’s set after/during the Battle of Hogwarts.

If that’s not what you’re going for, I can offer some other suggestions.

Hope this helps a bit!
Ok, thanks

RDeHwyl

Even before anyone starts writing, it's best to make at least a few preparations. Who is the main character? What do you know about them? Who will they interact with? Where do you want the plot/idea to lead? What house are they in, or are they even a student? There are a plethora of questions that should be answered before you begin to write.

MissLacybee

Even before anyone starts writing, it's best to make at least a few preparations. Who is the main character? What do you know about them? Who will they interact with? Where do you want the plot/idea to lead? What house are they in, or are they even a student? There are a plethora of questions that should be answered before you begin to write.
I completely agree. I learned the hard way that its always best to have a plan XD