Help me find a fic

harlinquin

Hello,

I had no idea the site was back up again, I'm so happy! Anyway, years ago I read a fic about Albus Potter and a muggle girl. I believe the girl was indian. In this fic Albus was a healer and the muggle girl a doctor. They had met as teenagers during a summer holiday. They fell in love and Albus told her he was a wizard. If I remember correctly they were supposed to meet up again in London but the girl didn't make it. A couple of years later he works as a healer, she's a doctor and has a daughter (Albus'). The daughter is a witch which brings them back into contact with the wizarding world again and meet up with Albus again. Has anybody any clue which fic I'm talking about? Many thanks in advance :)

edit: is this the right place to ask this? Is there a topic to ask for help for finding fics?

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
I didn’t think of starting a thread specifically dedicated to finding fics, but I’ll get one up this evening! For now, this is great! The story sounds awesome, I hope we can find it.

Blue Kat

Hello,

I had no idea the site was back up again, I'm so happy! Anyway, years ago I read a fic about Albus Potter and a muggle girl. I believe the girl was indian. In this fic Albus was a healer and the muggle girl a doctor. They had met as teenagers during a summer holiday. They fell in love and Albus told her he was a wizard. If I remember correctly they were supposed to meet up again in London but the girl didn't make it. A couple of years later he works as a healer, she's a doctor and has a daughter (Albus'). The daughter is a witch which brings them back into contact with the wizarding world again and meet up with Albus again. Has anybody any clue which fic I'm talking about? Many thanks in advance :)

edit: is this the right place to ask this? Is there a topic to ask for help for finding fics?
Okay, I've done some searching and haven't found anything yet, but I figured I'd ask a couple of follow ups to see if that helped me narrow it down any further:
  1. Do you recall if the story was complete at the time that you read it?
  2. It sounds like it was in the romance/drama genre--is that correct, or is there another subgenre I might be missing?
  3. Do you have any memory of what the rating might have been?
  4. Was it told from the OC's point of view or Albus'? First person or third person?
  5. I'm assuming that you read this on HPFF, but just to verify: was it something you read on HPFF, or was it a different site?
  6. Anything else you remember? Most of the searching I've done has involved the keyword "healer" which has been giving me a lot of unrelated "the healers said that Ablus..." sort of scenes, so if there's anything more unique that you can recall, let me know.

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Hello,

Do you remember the muggle girl's name? With that I'm quite certain Gwen and I could find it.