Help me find a fic

harlinquin

Hello,

I had no idea the site was back up again, I'm so happy! Anyway, years ago I read a fic about Albus Potter and a muggle girl. I believe the girl was indian. In this fic Albus was a healer and the muggle girl a doctor. They had met as teenagers during a summer holiday. They fell in love and Albus told her he was a wizard. If I remember correctly they were supposed to meet up again in London but the girl didn't make it. A couple of years later he works as a healer, she's a doctor and has a daughter (Albus'). The daughter is a witch which brings them back into contact with the wizarding world again and meet up with Albus again. Has anybody any clue which fic I'm talking about? Many thanks in advance :)

edit: is this the right place to ask this? Is there a topic to ask for help for finding fics?

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
I didn’t think of starting a thread specifically dedicated to finding fics, but I’ll get one up this evening! For now, this is great! The story sounds awesome, I hope we can find it.

Blue Kat

Hello,

I had no idea the site was back up again, I'm so happy! Anyway, years ago I read a fic about Albus Potter and a muggle girl. I believe the girl was indian. In this fic Albus was a healer and the muggle girl a doctor. They had met as teenagers during a summer holiday. They fell in love and Albus told her he was a wizard. If I remember correctly they were supposed to meet up again in London but the girl didn't make it. A couple of years later he works as a healer, she's a doctor and has a daughter (Albus'). The daughter is a witch which brings them back into contact with the wizarding world again and meet up with Albus again. Has anybody any clue which fic I'm talking about? Many thanks in advance :)

edit: is this the right place to ask this? Is there a topic to ask for help for finding fics?
Okay, I've done some searching and haven't found anything yet, but I figured I'd ask a couple of follow ups to see if that helped me narrow it down any further:
  1. Do you recall if the story was complete at the time that you read it?
  2. It sounds like it was in the romance/drama genre--is that correct, or is there another subgenre I might be missing?
  3. Do you have any memory of what the rating might have been?
  4. Was it told from the OC's point of view or Albus'? First person or third person?
  5. I'm assuming that you read this on HPFF, but just to verify: was it something you read on HPFF, or was it a different site?
  6. Anything else you remember? Most of the searching I've done has involved the keyword "healer" which has been giving me a lot of unrelated "the healers said that Ablus..." sort of scenes, so if there's anything more unique that you can recall, let me know.

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Hello,

Do you remember the muggle girl's name? With that I'm quite certain Gwen and I could find it.

harlinquin

Oops so sorry for the late reply!
It was written 3rd person and sometimes showed what happend with Al but mostly focused on the oc and their daughter. I believe she was called Sunny which was short for some Indian name. I read it on hpff before the site went down, I don't know if all the stories transferred over here? I'm pretty sure the author was also nominated for a Dobby (new author). Not sure which section it was in, I guess drama/love. It wasn't finished yet. It had a prequal which was finished, the prequel was about how Albus and the OC met as teenagers. I do remember that the daughter went missing at some point and that the oc's mother figured out Albus was a wizard because of some indian legends. And Al's owl was namend Hippo. Also Al was enganged to some other girl who was mostly into him because of his fame.

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Oops so sorry for the late reply!
It was written 3rd person and sometimes showed what happend with Al but mostly focused on the oc and their daughter. I believe she was called Sunny which was short for some Indian name. I read it on hpff before the site went down, I don't know if all the stories transferred over here? I'm pretty sure the author was also nominated for a Dobby (new author). Not sure which section it was in, I guess drama/love. It wasn't finished yet. It had a prequal which was finished, the prequel was about how Albus and the OC met as teenagers. I do remember that the daughter went missing at some point and that the oc's mother figured out Albus was a wizard because of some indian legends. And Al's owl was namend Hippo. Also Al was enganged to some other girl who was mostly into him because of his fame.
I’m actually around now, let me do some digging and see if I can find it.

OMG I wrote this fic under the username of AbraxanUnicorn a few years ago!! It was called "Witchful Thinking" (prequel was "The Witching Hour") and was an Albus/OC fic, with my OC being a girl called Sunita. I took it down from the site as my story was basically meandering out of control, plus some of my headcanons changed so drastically I lost the will to continue it! You've inspired me to re-write both, though; the essence of the story will still be about Sunita and Al, but there will be some significant changes to the plot and various characters (with the aim of making them slightly less stereotypical and cliched in general).

Thank you though; you made my day!! X