Harry Potter Memorabilia

JMilz

I'm not a big collector as my apartment is SUPER small and I already have far too much space being taken up by my books, but I'm getting a Felix Felicis tattoo this summer.

Blue Kat

I have a playbill from Cursed Child that I got signed by most of the original cast when we were in London--it was a total fluke, we were leaving the theatre and happened to pass the stage door and I turned to my husband and was like "WE ARE STOPPING I NEED TO TELL SCORPIUS HOW GOOD HE WAS."

I have been eyeing the Harry Potter collection at Pottery Barn but I have not yet been able to talk myself into buying, say, a $400 Fawkes lamp. Probably, this is a good thing. (Unrelated: WHY didn't they call this collection Harry Pottery Barn? Missed marketing opportunity.)

darsynia

Staff member
I did not know there was a pottery barn HP collection, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON.

I personally don't have very many collectibles, mostly because I have 3 kids under 10, hah. My copies of the books are all the first printings in the US versions, though, including the Prisoner of Azkaban version with a 'mistake' in dialogue that was corrected in a version printed later the same year (mine is printed in October, the December version is fixed)! I also have the painting I made in my avatar. Here's a larger version of it:

This was from a 'wine and paint' night. The instructor kindly put the wolf in for me by request, it wasn't part of the original design, and neither was the TARDIS down by the tree. I added that myself :)

Blue Kat

I did not know there was a pottery barn HP collection, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON.
I think the collection came out like 6 months after we replaced our bedroom set. There was a moment where I considered the logistics of selling our brand new bedroom set so I could replace it with Harry Potter furniture. Ultimately, I decided that that probably wasn't financially responsible, a decision that still feels like both a victory and a loss.