Exploring New Genres

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
Exploring new genres can be a great way of growing as a writer. Unfortunately, some genres are harder than others.

Personally, I find sci-fi and forensics-driven crime to be the most difficult, as I feel compelled to have somewhat scientific explanations for things.

What genres do you think are the easiest? The hardest? What tips do you have for writing new genres?

shotaboy

Exploring new genres can be a great way of growing as a writer. Unfortunately, some genres are harder than others.

Personally, I find sci-fi and forensics-driven crime to be the most difficult, as I feel compelled to have somewhat scientific explanations for things.

What genres do you think are the easiest? The hardest? What tips do you have for writing new genres?
I never explored new genres

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
can you help me with that
Why don't you just start with Neville helping your character in Herbology and then come up with a reason that they might have to go on a road trip of some sort! Maybe they need a special plant that they can only get in Belgium, but they can't Apparate or get a Portkey so they have to steal one of the thestral-drawn carriages to get there.

shotaboy

Why don't you just start with Neville helping your character in Herbology and then come up with a reason that they might have to go on a road trip of some sort! Maybe they need a special plant that they can only get in Belgium, but they can't Apparate or get a Portkey so they have to steal one of the thestral-drawn carriages to get there.
how can I start it off