Draco Malfoy

Elena

Draco = My fictional husband :)

Much like Snape, I hate that Draco is so hated. As a boy, Draco didn't know any better. He is a product of his raising. Was he a nice child? No. Did he learn from it? Yes.

By HBP, Draco is finally awoken to what the war really was about. He's had to shred all his childish, boyish, ways to complete a task he had no desire to partake in. With the threat of his family over his head, desperation and despair take a hold on Draco. In Deathly Hallows, we see him make a stand. He chooses which side is is on in that moment where he did not identify Harry. That was choice he made on his own without anyone pressuring him. Harry pays him back by saving him from the fire in the Room of Requirement.

Draco proves himself a changed person and it's why he was given redemption in the Epilogue. While was no friend to Harry, he was no longer an enemy either. I love writing Draco's character because he can be sarcastic as hell one moment, but completely romantic the next. There is flexibility in his character that you can't always do with others and I love the places you can take him.