Do I end my Fic or do a time jump?

Hi,
So in my Story ‘Sirius makes a choice’ I’ve reached a point where I want to jump 5ish years into the future. Do I finish this section of the story and start a new fic or just label that next chapter 5 years later?
If I just skip 5 years I’m worried it might mess with the flow of my story but if I start a whole new fic I’m not to sure how I want to end this section and make it clear that this is the sequel.

Midnight_Slytherin

Hi,
So in my Story ‘Sirius makes a choice’ I’ve reached a point where I want to jump 5ish years into the future. Do I finish this section of the story and start a new fic or just label that next chapter 5 years later?
If I just skip 5 years I’m worried it might mess with the flow of my story but if I start a whole new fic I’m not to sure how I want to end this section and make it clear that this is the sequel.
Well, what you can do is, quickly sum up the first four years into like a few paragraphs or dedicate a chapter to the years you are skipping. That way you can jump to where you want to continue.

TheRavenpuffPoet

Hi,
I read this book. I liked this book. I'm sure people will like it too. And they probably already do. It's such a strange thing, that the sentences above all ring.

I read this book. I liked this book. I'm sure people will like it too. And they probably already do. It's such a strange thing, that the sentences above all ring.
Aww thank you! It’s so cool that you like my story and knowing that a reader thinks this is a good idea and that other people will like it. There a new chapter up, I think there’s gonna be one or two more before I do what Midnight Slytherin suggested.

Follow up question how do you end a story? Even with my time jump (which will questionably happen in a second book) how do I make this part of my story have a satisfying end? I’m just looking for general tips if anyone has any