Cho Chang

Throw the rocks, I actually like Cho. Not one of my favourite characters, but she doesn't deserve the hate she often receives.

Third and fourth book: Cho is this beautiful Ravenclaw seeker. She is cool and popular, but also seems to be nice enough. I used to love Cho when I was reading these books, she just seemed so cool. (Give me a break, I was a very immature 11-to-14-year-old :ROFLMAO: )

Then, the fifth book comes and Cho is a girl whose boyfriend was murdered when she was 15 or 16. Not only she returns to Hogwarts for her sixth year (first N.E.W.T.s), but she finds in herself the motivation to join the rebel movement against the Ministry. She goes against her parents' wishes just because she thinks it's the right thing to do and to honour Cedric's memory.

So what if Cho made a mistake when she tried dating Harry? She was 16 or 17 by then. Even if teenagers didn't make stupid relationship choices (they often do), she was grieving, trying to deal with feelings that are difficult for an adult.

So what if Cho was angry that her friend was (permanently) hurt by Hermione's spell? I think of that as a sign of strength and loyalty to her friend. Even though Marietta betrayed her, she still stuck by her side.

I mean, from then on we just see a few glimpses, but I used to think she was very cool, now I think of her as a decent person. Her arc is kind of broken mid-way through since we don't see her recovery, which is okay... it's when her path diverges from Harry's, which I suppose would be necessary for her to heal.