Can't add chapters

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
I get a server error when I try to add a chapter, and if I try to "compose" on an old chapter, it logs me out and won't load the page.

Radiant_Phoenix

Hello any updates on this server error issue occurring? I have been encountering this for some time now and I can't make any updates to my chapters and/or am having difficulty upload a new draft...would really like to edit some of my chapters with grammatical errors soon! Thanks :)

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
Hello any updates on this server error issue occurring? I have been encountering this for some time now and I can't make any updates to my chapters and/or am having difficulty upload a new draft...would really like to edit some of my chapters with grammatical errors soon! Thanks :)
Hey there - is this continuing for you? Usually when the server errors start they're short-term and can often be resolved by leaving that tab open, opening HPFF in another tab, and re-logging in. Then you should be able to go back to your original tab and save. Unless I'm misinterpreting what's going on.

The issue I was speaking of here hasn't been persisting for me in quite some time.

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Hey there - is this continuing for you? Usually when the server errors start they're short-term and can often be resolved by leaving that tab open, opening HPFF in another tab, and re-logging in. Then you should be able to go back to your original tab and save. Unless I'm misinterpreting what's going on.

The issue I was speaking of here hasn't been persisting for me in quite some time.
I always recommend clearing cookies and cache too. I had this issue on my phone, and once I did that, it worked for me again. Let us know, @Radiant_Phoenix if either of those options helps! I'll let our tech team know about this, too!

Radiant_Phoenix

Hmmmm, nope just tried opening up another tab and also cleared my cookies/data cache and I'm still receiving this message for one of my stories:

Error!
A server error has occurred.

I just continue to see a loading circle cycling under my Chapter/Summary section...I can add a new chapter no issue, but I don't see any of my previous chapters loading, which is the reason I can't edit past chapters. I am at the 13th chapter for this story, if that may be an issue?

No issues when I go to my 2nd story, but I only have 2 chapters for that particular one.

:(