Banners

njcov

Hello, how do I add a banner to my story? I don't see any instructions on the site. Also, the site has highlighted the text in my chapter white. How do I resolve this?

Tiffany1567

I can help with the first part!
HPFF uses a special type of rich text editor, so click add story. Then once you click in the summary those rich text features will pop up like this.
click the image button (you can use HTML code but I found out that it will not be mobile responsive)
At this point, you will need the url to your banner, and paste it where it said url. Then click the preview area, and you will see a distorted version of the banner, that is normal.
push okay.
done :)

If you need an image host I recommend nickpic.host it was started because imgur stopped allowing direct linking (even though it's still technically an option). However, people still use imgur as well. (just know they may delete your account or block you from using direct linking, they have done it to others.) Photobucket is an option, but they will add a tag that says Photobucket to all your images, and I would only use them as a last resort after everything. That all the image host that I know.

njcov

HPFF uses a special type of rich text editor, so click add story. Then once you click in the summary those rich text features will pop up like this.
click the image button (you can use HTML code but I found out that it will not be mobile responsive)
At this point, you will need the url to your banner, and paste it where it said url. Then click the preview area, and you will see a distorted version of the banner, that is normal.
push okay.

If you need an image host I recommend nickpic.host it was started because imgur stopped allowing direct linking (even though it's still technically an option). However, people still use imgur as well. (just know they may delete your account or block you from using direct linking, they have done it to others.) Photobucket is an option, but they will add a tag that says Photobucket to all your images, and I would only use them as a last resort after everything. That all the image host that I know.
Thank you so much!!!!! You're a lifesaver!!!! This information was so helpful, and I was finally able to post my banner :)

Ronnie Deaver

HPFF Logistical CoFounder
Staff member
Thank you so much!!!!! You're a lifesaver!!!! This information was so helpful, and I was finally able to post my banner :)
push okay.

This is seriously like the COOLEST thing ever. Its so awesome to see community members helping other community members.

We're taking feedback on how to improve this system going forward and thank you for working with what we have now.

Cheers,
-Ronnie

Northumbrian

Thanks for the information, it works for me, too. Now all I have to do is find the banners created for me the first time I uploaded my stories here.