Back again Harry ...

FINISH OFF OR START AFRESH?

• IN WITH THE NEW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pottermaster97

So, I've been away for a while now and just picked up this account again because somehow I always end up back at Hogwarts. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest whether I should finish a story I left a few years ago or start afresh... thoughts?

JMilz

Head of Ravenclaw House
So, I've been away for a while now and just picked up this account again because somehow I always end up back at Hogwarts. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest whether I should finish a story I left a few years ago or start afresh... thoughts?
It depends on whether or not you still feel passionate about that old story. If you feel like you can put your all into picking it back up, go for it! If not, maybe start anew.

pottermaster97

It depends on whether or not you still feel passionate about that old story. If you feel like you can put your all into picking it back up, go for it! If not, maybe start anew.
That's a good point! I'll have to read over it and see where everything is !

RonsGirlFriday

I'm in a similar boat. I came back with the primary purpose of picking up with some of my old WIP's that I missed and have always thought about, but I also rattled off a new one-shot that was bouncing around in my mind for sort of a "fresh start." Best of both worlds.

I think if any of your old WIP's are calling to you, you'll know it!

shotaboy

I'm in a similar boat. I came back with the primary purpose of picking up with some of my old WIP's that I missed and have always thought about, but I also rattled off a new one-shot that was bouncing around in my mind for sort of a "fresh start." Best of both worlds.

I think if any of your old WIP's are calling to you, you'll know it!
you wanna do a story together

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
I love seeing old WIPs and deciding what to do with them next. I think it can be amazing to go back and finish a story - you have the chance to put a new spin on it, or rekindle the flame that was there when you started writing. I also see the fun in taking an old idea and starting fresh with it. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

shotaboy

I love seeing old WIPs and deciding what to do with them next. I think it can be amazing to go back and finish a story - you have the chance to put a new spin on it, or rekindle the flame that was there when you started writing. I also see the fun in taking an old idea and starting fresh with it. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.
I never did a WIP