Any way to hide fics without actually deleting?

RonsGirlFriday

Hi! My old fics are dark and full of cringe. I know on the old archives there was a way to hide an existing fic if one wanted to make the fic invisible/unsearchable but didn't want to actually delete it (e.g. if one wanted to make revisions or didn't want the fic up anymore at all but didn't want to lose the existing reviews). Is there a way to do this now? Would changing it to "draft" accomplish the same thing?

EDIT: I just tried it, and I guess that is the way to make it work. I think I just answered my own question. Sorry!

Last edited:

Ashley Marie

Headmaster
Staff member
Hi! My old fics are dark and full of cringe. I know on the old archives there was a way to hide an existing fic if one wanted to make the fic invisible/unsearchable but didn't want to actually delete it (e.g. if one wanted to make revisions or didn't want the fic up anymore at all but didn't want to lose the existing reviews). Is there a way to do this now? Would changing it to "draft" accomplish the same thing?

EDIT: I just tried it, and I guess that is the way to make it work. I think I just answered my own question. Sorry!
Don't apologize! Is there a way we could make that more obvious? We're learning as we go, so if we could make it easier on you all in the future - maybe more clear, let me know.

RonsGirlFriday

Is there a way we could make that more obvious?
Hmm, I'm not totally sure. I feel like years ago I recall hearing it referred to as a "hide" function. Maybe that's actually what the button said, but I never tried it back then. :) Or maybe "make invisible or "make fic invisible"?