1. PH71

Who is your favourite minor character?

Dean is a great choice!
  2. PH71

Introductions

Welcome to our two newbies!
  3. PH71

What's your current writing status?

It is very strange how writer's block can work sometimes. Took me about 6 weeks to get to 1,000 words. In about 60 minutes this afternoon I've not got that up to 3,000 :LOL:
  4. PH71

Suggestions for HPFF's Forum

This is a good idea and very well worded. Would love this.
  5. PH71

Limped along to 1,000 words for my next chapter this morning.
  6. PH71

Cursed Child Discussion

Yeah I think there's plenty of material there and it's close enough to the original story that there's still plenty of stuff you can use to appeal to the casual fans. Marauders Era would have been my first choice for it, but I think if they wanted to focus on one specific character then they...
  7. PH71

A Serious Question

I think that's completely fine.
  8. PH71

Nymphadora Tonks

A great character who had a lot more to offer in my opinion, especially in her role as an Auror and as a Metamorphmagus. For the most part, especially in the movies, they only ever used that as a comic relief type thing, but when you think about it if she was relatively strong, which it seems...
  9. PH71

Managed to sneak out 300 words the other day. Not much, but it's a start.
  10. PH71

Can a white author write a character of color?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with
  11. PH71

UGH.....

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting a massive amount of reviews, especially early on. I've just had a look and 'Moonlight' which is the longest story on record here, has 944 reviews and 522,407 Works out about a review every 553 views if you break the maths down. When first starting...
  12. PH71

Fantastic Beast Franchise - What do you think of it?

I think I've posted my thoughts on this before in another thread, but I think overall it's a real missed opportunity and they've not really done that well with it. Fantastic Beasts the first movie in my opinion should have just been a one-off. Scrap the bit where Grindelwald Depp is revealed...
  13. PH71

Can a white author write a character of color?

Nice post. Agreed.
  14. PH71

What have you been up to?

That's pretty interesting, what languages do you speak? I've been using a language app lately to try and improve as I've never really done well at other languages.
  15. PH71

writers block

Have gone about 3 weeks without writing anything which seems mad considering I've been super active throughout Covid. Maybe I'll just take it as a break and feel fresh in a few weeks when I come back to it.