Recent content by loveinkwell

1. loveinkwell

Edited my Sirius/Lily one-shot and what they say is true... just take some time away from your...

Edited my Sirius/Lily one-shot and what they say is true... just take some time away from your story and the edits will work themselves out! Find it on my author page [NSFW]
  2. loveinkwell

Looking for a one-shot beta! If you like twisted House of Black darkness, check out my post in...

Looking for a one-shot beta! If you like twisted House of Black darkness, check out my post in the Beta Readers thread :)
  3. loveinkwell

Beta Readers

Hi there! I entered a fest that requires my entry to be beta'd and I'm hoping someone here is willing to help? :giggle: Please be aware that it is rated R and has some sensitive themes including cousin incest, underage sex, implied domestic violence, and general House of Black darkness. The...
  4. loveinkwell

Just updated Same Bones, my fic following the Marauders through all 7 years at Hogwarts! Link in...

Just updated Same Bones, my fic following the Marauders through all 7 years at Hogwarts! Link in signature :)
  5. loveinkwell

Just updated my modern college AU, The Good Life. Check it out to see how Remus teaches...

Just updated my modern college AU, The Good Life. Check it out to see how Remus teaches philosophy classics like Thomas Hobbes, or why Sirius drives a Lamborghini! :p
  6. loveinkwell

aww, sorry you got a rude reviewer! it says more about their manners than it does your writing...

aww, sorry you got a rude reviewer! it says more about their manners than it does your writing. what i've learned in 13 years of writing fanfic is that you just can't please everyone. some people have VERY strong feelings about their preferences and are intolerant of anything else. for example...
  7. loveinkwell

i use pixlr and think it's great! it has all the functions that i remember basic photoshop...

i use pixlr and think it's great! it has all the functions that i remember basic photoshop having, back when i had that like 10 years ago
  8. loveinkwell

Weird ships?

Like a few other people have expressed on this thread, I like writing weird pairings for the challenge of it! It definitely stretches my creativity and characterization skills to the breaking point, to think up and then carefully craft the exceedingly rare circumstances that might drive together...
  9. loveinkwell

Can a white author write a character of color?

I also tend to stick to my favorites, cycling through and rediscovering them every few years! Right now I'm rediscovering indie pop: BORNS, Foster the People, Grouplove, Lana del Rey. And thanks for the tip, that's a good thing to watch out for, especially as a woman author who relates so...
  10. loveinkwell

You're not the only one! When I heard of his passing on Friday night, I actually burst into huge...

You're not the only one! When I heard of his passing on Friday night, I actually burst into huge ugly tears. (Admittedly, this was after a night of drinking, so I was feeling extra tender.) He really was a hero, how he gave such a phenomenal performance, full of grace, dignity, and power, while...
  11. loveinkwell

Can a white author write a character of color?

I LOVE this advice! As a POC, it's really tough when people IRL try to reduce me to my race, or treat everything about me as fascinating and strange when in actuality, most of my time is spent doing very ordinary things like listening to pop music and eating hamburgers, haha. It really doesn't...
  12. loveinkwell

You Deserve a Round of Applause

So funnily enough, I am usually a bit bashful with smut, preferring to write light-handed romance scenes if anything. But apparently, being cooped up during social isolation has really kick-started a smutty itch! I just wrote the most explicit story of my life, a Sirius/Lily one-shot, and it...
  13. loveinkwell

Restricted?

Hi there, I'm an author new to the forums. Thanks for everything you do :) I just wanted to check back on this question, to see if there are any updated guidelines before I post my latest story. Is it enough to put a warning in the summary that there is explicit, NSFW content and language? I...
  14. loveinkwell

HPFF Author Thread

Hi friends, I'm new to the forums! Accidentally found them while searching for content guidelines for HPFF authors, hehe. Like some of you, I also used to be very active on here. I wrote a lot (and dabbled on The Dark Arts) from 2007-2010, then got too busy. Rediscovered my love for writing HP...