I was standing there in front of my mirror. I couldn’t believe my eyes, the girl in front of the mirror didn’t resemble me at all. Normally she had bushy red hair but today it was straight ending with curls. Her sea blue eyes were beautified thanks to the cat eye that her best friend had professionally applied. Her dress was blue with silver lining which fit her body perfectly, highlighting her curves making her look sexier than her usual self.
Yep, this girl was nothing like me at all.
My best friends Dom and Kenize helped me with the dress, make-up and my hairstyle. Both were such good friends and stylists. Trust me, if I had tried this alone I don’t think I would have gotten this result.
Today it was December 20th. Exactly 5 days before Christmas. The 7th years were lunching a party at the Room of Requirement as a goodbye to the place that had been their home for so long.
Even though they were going to formally graduate in June.
Why were they throwing a party? Well, let's just say that someone wanted to get drunk.
James, Freddy and Molly were graduating this year. I was glad that one of the Weasley girl of Uncle Percy were graduating. It’s not like I didn’t like them but, they were way too much like Uncle Percy.
However unlike Uncle Percy Molly was more relaxed, and Lucy was less pompous than Percy.
And that people is something.
I was sad that James and Freddy were graduating. They had been my greatest friends at Hogwarts. I mean greatest boy friends. Ha.
James and Freddy taught me everything about Hogwarts. All of its 7 secret passages (thanks to the Marauders map). They lent me the invisibility cloak so many times to nick food from the kitchen. They even taught me the most complex charms they learned, like Patronus, Disarming, Levicorpus, full body bind and the 3 unforgivable curses.
All this in my 2nd Year.
So I in exchange helped them with their pranks, help them study for tests (even though I was 2 years younger than them) and helped them win the Quidditch cup.
Even though they both could be jerks sometimes, I was really gonna miss them.
Ah well, I was still going to see them on Christmas and summer vacations.
I looked at myself in the mirror once more and I couldn’t believe the beautiful girl in reflected in the mirror was really me.
- Rose!? Bloody hell can you get out? I really need my perfume!
I sighed and said
- Coming Dom.
I walked out of the bathroom and Dom hurried inside to put on her perfume. She came out looking (and smelling) as a goddess. Kenize came in.
- I am way too excited! Said Dom.
- Come on Dom, It’s just a party. Said Kenize. Besides you should be sad ‘cause James and Fred are graduating.
- I know. Replied Dom. But you know James and Fred would want us to be happy for them.
- Guys we should get going or we will be late.
- That’s exactly what we want. Said Dom smiling mischievously.
- Why? I asked.
- So that we make a grand entrance! Honestly Rose you are thick sometimes! Said Kenize.
- I am not sure about this. I said.
- Rose. Said Dom putting a hand on my shoulder forcing me to look at her eyes. Look I know you don’t like this but what the guys said about you wasn’t fair. You aren’t a 3 or a 5 you are a 10! And tonight we are going to show them your beauty!
I inhaled deeply and said
- Okay let’s go.
Kenize who always seemed to have a perfect phrase for this type of moments said