This chapter had me laughing and saying..."Aww"
And now, another, "Awww" because only three more chapters left. :(
I'm going to miss Oliver and Jane.
A favorite line that took me like, thirty seconds to get and then when I did, I laughed my ass off:
He grimaced. “Just throw some napkins in there. It’ll break them up.”
That really was the best line in this whole chapter...along with the scene with Oliver and Jane's "argument" and the "love hurts" part. Oh, that part was hilarious.Author's Response: I'm going to miss them too, seriously. Eugh. I hate that it's ending, but I know it's time. After like...four years, haha.
Thank you so much! Did you recognize the love hurts part from Keep Away?
Thanks for the review! Report Review
I don't have internet at home [:(] so I have to read and comment at school but seeing as the library's about to close in less than an hour, I will not have time for a long review for this chapter. :(
But I absolutely loved it! I kind of thought Lily was going to try out and if she did, I knew she was going to make it, even if James thinks she too fragile to fly on a broom and play quidditch.
I hope James and Avery will be okay. Well, got to go read the next chapter before the library closes.
By the way, it's belated, but CONGRATS! on your new job!Author's Response: Aww, unfortunate! I'm so happy you were able to hop ona nd read and review though! It means SO much to me!
Thank you on the congrats and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!! Report Review
So I waited for my birthday to read this chapter so I would at least know that for sure I was going to be happy for reading this. But I didn't have time to review it at all because my birthday plans didn't go as planned (my Harry Potter marathon was ruined because my sister took me out to eat.. ;P ). I still don't have time but I know if I put off reviewing I'd forget to.
Anyways, I absolutely adored James in this chapter! I mean, I already loved him but now I just love him even more! He's so funny when intoxicated and he's so over protective and always wanting to make sure that Avery is happy. He's adorable! I wish I had a James too, he's such a secret sweetheart! Mr. Flynn...I'm wondering about him because he seems to know so many people, people who could destroy other people's lives and such and yet, he's using his daughter to make some money...I'm surprised he's not a mob boss or something. Sorry, no time for favorite quotes but here's one, I just had to put in this review:
“Like she’s your daughter,” I huffed. “Maybe biologically.”
BWAHAHAHAHA. I just adore him! :DAuthor's Response: AW! It was like a birthday present from me to you :)
Out to eat is pretty awesome, though. I hope you had a blast!
I love that james is such a sweetiepie but yet he is manly. Well, half of it is fake manliness, but it's there all the same.
Thank you so much! Report Review
1. I glanced over my shoulder and his fatherly grin had faded to a nasty frown. I narrowed my eyes. He narrowed his.
We were now enemies.
2. Someone ruffled my hair from behind, but I ignored it. I refused to tear myself from the game. This art form.
“James, I think you’re drooling.”
Except for Avery.
... He is so whipped! ^_^ (Author's Response: What the crap! :) Thank you!!! Report Review
So when I came on to HPFF on April 1st, I forgot that it was April Fools so when I first saw the 'sign' saying it was for sell, I was like, WHAT!! NO! BTQC! I won't be able to finish reading it! NO!! That was my first thought! Then I remembered, April 1st, hoping that it was a prank because then not only BTQC but H&S were not accessible anymore! I almost died! I even texted my friend who sometimes read fanfiction. But thank goodness it was a prank! So glad to see you've updated!! Okay, onto my fav quotes:
If they didn’t hear that, they probably heard my breathing. Sounded like a dinosaur.
A dinosaur in labor. With a boulder.
..Love Jane and her...words of choices.
I focused on the fire. All I had to do was get to the sanctuary that was the fickle bonfire flames. I wasn’t altogether sure who decided that was base. Or the safe place. For all I knew, I could still be thrown over a shoulder and carted off spewing off curse words.
..I was thinking the same thing. Haha.
“Considering we didn’t even know it was a game,” I said, reaching down and pulling my finger against my pants, “I think we played quite fair. You’re the one playing dirty, Wood.” I wiped the dirt on his stomach.
Half to prove a point. Half to touch his stomach.
“I’m going to find him,” he said, narrowing his eyes and slapping Ang’s ass. “We have twin-connect. It’s like mind power.” He paused dramatically and turned around, peering at the forest. “For twins.”
..Haha. I remember when I was younger my teacher asked about that because we had twins in our class and they both asked to get a drink of water at the same time!
“I’ll bring whoever I want into this!” she snapped. “Hell, I’ll bring in Jane! You like her legs anyway, don’t you? Want to break up her and Oliver, hmm?”
Oh, great. Now I was in the stupidest fight of the century.
...That made my day! Haha.
“GIVE ME COOKIES!”
There was some shoving and I momentarily wondered if the bunk would come crashing down on me. Oliver gave me a look that suggested he was wondering the same thing.
“You don’t deserve them!” said Alicia and more shoving occurred. “They’re mine! You threw me in the pond! YOU GET NOTHING!”
“GIMME GIMME GIMME!”
...haha. I can totally imagine them fighting for cookies!
Yea! GeoKat! Finally, I was hoping this chapter would come soon! Before reading this chapter I was on my facebook and a friend wrote on her wall that she was bored and baked a cake, which made me crave for a cake. I'm at school doing homework and didn't get to eat breakfast, or anything, yet! Then I read this and now I want some cookies! Anyways great job as always! I love love this short-er chapter!!Author's Response: Actually, the Sherlock Holmes bit was the prank. The for sale thing wasn't a prank. There is a post on the forums about it from Jay. I'm just glad everything worked out because I hadn't backed up any of my reviews. I had a bit of a panic moment, but not quite to the extent of other people.
Fred and George would TOTALLY ask to get a drink of water at the same time. Then the professor would raise a brow and tell them no.
I'm totally helping your hunger! SORRY! I think I was craving cookies when I wrote that last scene. But now I totally have cookies. I'm so glad you liked the chapter! It fought with me for ages, but I think after lots of editing it worked out okay :)
Thank you for the amazing review! Report Review
cont from previous..
6. “Fine,” I snapped, placing her gently back in her cage and closing it tight. Then I locked it with a charm just in case. “I’m going, I’m going. Nagging woman.”
...lol. i love their talks!
7. Albus leaned back in the chair for a moment. “How did it happen?” He surveyed me over his glasses.
“Meta hexed me, I flew into a wall, and then they broke.”
“I meant the relationship, you idiot.”
8. "Apparently protective-older-brotherness also means you can possibly fancy the pants off your best mate and know nothing about it. Until she kisses you in Italy and throws you off your game and makes you say shit about muffins."
9. “You don’t think we’d let you hang out in the hospital alone, did you?” Al said, raising a brow as he slid the case onto the pillow. “Of course not. We don’t do enough nagging as is. We need to get our quota in for the month.”
...aww, sibling love. i love them!
the scene with the team was so sad. no one listened! but he did kind of have it coming, i just wished that bink and fred knew before they ended up knowing.(does that make sense? o well. lol.) its good that avery is there for him, and his siblings too, to remind him that he isn't alone. bink and freddie has to forgive him! they're best friends! but i think they should probably punish him first, like he did to bink when he broke the code, its only fair. plus freddie's the cousin, it would be awkward at family get togethers if he doesn't like james. oo, i think the confrontation is between james and avery's dad. after he found those documents, i think he would want to talk to avery's dad and set some rules! hmm, the letter...it could be to bink and freddie, since they aren't really wanting to listen to him. Or to his mom, telling her he's actually in a relationship. gosh im so excited for the next chapter! update soon!
and for some reason i cant PM you but i'll try and figure it out.Author's Response: Ah, Victoria and James's talks are so informative. She's such a force.
Sibling love is the bestest! Seriously. I adore it. I don't have siblings so James needs to have some awesome ones.
Oh, it totally makes sense. As I was telling others, if James would have gotten a chance to sit them down and actually tell them in a manner that he picked, it would have been leagues less dramatic. It was the shock, piled with the betrayal, piled wiht Emerson being the one to out them in a very interesting/horrid way.
It is only fair that James gets a punishment.
Thank you so much! I'm unsure why the PM isn't going through. You just click on "send a message" if you have an account on the forums.
Thanks :) Report Review
i was re-reading some of my fav chapters to pass time until midnight so i can open one present when i realised that i never left a review! i cant believe i didnt, anyways..LOVED LOVED this chapter!! lily and bink?! ok, so i kinda had a feeling it was him when she was beginning to story with the little sisters like big brothers' friends, well at first i thought of fred, but then i remembered, they're cousins! lol! i really thought it was wesley the whole time though, that is, until she started the story. now, onto my fav quotes!
1. But something much more manly than butterflies. Like big rocks or pterodactyls.
...haha! james, always protecting his manliness.
2. “Easy for you!” he shouted. “Girls are easy to you. I don’t know how you do it. I just get nervous and my hands get all sweaty. There has never been a girl in the world you’ve been nervous around.”
“False, baby brother,” I said, thinking about Avery. “But anyway. You need to just be confident. Girls like that. If you’re confident, she’ll say yes. You need to get the hell out of the friend zone.”
...lol! james! i love this scene because its a brother brother moment!
3. “Now get out before I sick Falcon Cat on you.”
...haha! falcon cat go! lol!
4. Avery was walking down the spiral staircase. She was in jeans and a sweater with her hair crumpled down around her shoulders from wearing it up while wet the previous day. I knew it was from that because she had told me lots of times when her hair had done that before. I remembered.
...its sweet that he remembers stuff like that.
5. “Never. I love Falcon Cat. I need to train her or something.” I wanted to squeeze her hand. To kiss her. To wrap my arms around her. Instead, I just kept smiling.
...i wish i had a falcon cat..but my sister hates cats.
6. She raised a brow. “I haven’t found anyone, but I don’t think I should go on dates when I know it won’t work out.”
...i wouldn't either.
7. I looked down and then hexed him again. “There. I feel better.” I made my way over to Rosey. “Hey, ginger. You dating anyone I can hex?”
“No one,” she said, glancing up with a somber expression.
I narrowed my eyes. “What about someone I can’t hex?”
Rose laughed. “Nope, sorry, James. I don’t think anyone is applying for the job.”
I put an arm around her. “Don’t worry. Someone will come along. And when they do, I’ll have my wand ready.”
...aww, overprotective james...
8. “You know how I used to hang around you lot when we were growing up. I wanted to be part of your friends, I always did.”
...that was me too! and instead of kicking me out of his room, they went outside and climbed fences and challenged me to do it or i would have to leave them alone..but i learned how to climb fences after that..haha.
9. I hexed him anyway.
Then Lily hexed me and I was face-first into the carpeting. Strangely comfortable.
...LOL! this whole scene made me laugh! i love james and his overprotectiveness that blinds his thinking part of his brain.
10. There was something on my foot.
Oh. The thing on my foot was my shoe. Curious.
“You’re not dramatic at all,” I said, shifting my shoe around. It felt really weird on my foot. Constricting.
I kicked it off. And then the other. Shoeless and free. Free like a wild dragon. That spit fire and all that shit.
...LMAO! that whole part just made me laugh so hard and had me smiling throughout the chapter! james and his drunkness is extra cute and funny! lol!
11. “Starting a rumor that Edwards wore a bra,” he said, giggling. “Want me to start another about lucky seven? We could say she’s a Puffer. And he wanted to hide her because of their dramatic loss today at the hands of James Sirius Potter.”
...that sucks for edwards! picked the wrong people to be enemies with...
12. I thought about us while drinking the water. Us. Avery and me. Two peas in a bleeding pod. Even though pea pods had a great deal more peas than two. Then I remembered my serious loss of control in the shower of the locker rooms. I barely recalled it, simply because it was all built on random emotion I didn’t know was there.
...haha the peas in a pod thing is soo true!
13. Any sensible person would break up for the well being of the team.
Her eyes were glittering and her lips were parted slightly.
I wasn’t giving up Avery.
I looked at her, hair falling down around her shoulders and her pretty green eyes against mine.
Nope. I wasn’t giving her up. Code be damned.
...aww, that is sweet! lovely Javery action there...
14. “If this goes sour,” I said slowly, “then we can go back to being best mates? I’m not sure what I’d do without you. After we got back from Italy was the worst.”
Avery hugged me and my body tensed up around her. “Okay, James. We can go back to being best mates if this doesn’t work.” Then she kissed me.
My whole stomach exploded with nerves and I wouldn’t have it any other way, my fingers twisting in to her hair.
“You’re amazing,” I said when we broke apart. I said it without thinking.
...gosh, if only i had a best friend that was hot and sweet and everything james is...
you have amazing skills and if i remember correctly, you majored in creative writing? well, i hope you come out with a book and i will definitely buy it!
o, and i finally made a twitter a month ago but i don't know how to follow you. if you can tell me, that'd be great. i just cant find you on twitter.Author's Response: Happy Review 1300! Whoohoo!
Yeah, the story kind of makes it obvious that it's Binkie Bink, but I'm glad I caught you by surprise! I think one person guessed it off the cuff a while ago. Hilarity :)
I really love overprotective James. Sadly, his overprotectiveness will not be coming to an end any time soon. His female cousins and sister just keep pushing him further and further, haha :)
I am indeed a Creative Writing major! Well, was. I have a degree in it now. I am working on a novel right now so hopefully we can make that a reality :) I can't tell you here how to follow me on Twitter, but if you PM me on the forums (the link on my author page will take you to my Meet the Author section and you can PM me) I can definitely let you know.
Thanks so much for the amazing review! Report Review
this was such an awesome chapter! the bathroom scene, i was like, yea! hex her! hex her! and then i laughed when jane did. haha. george and katie! aw, i hope the dance ended happily! they were so miserable without each other they need to be happy. did i miss a chapter that mentioned that he was allergic? cause i think he was allergic to watever chocolate that jane gave him and his mom probably knew that he was allergic that's why she would give him the ones she didn't like because it was the ones he could eat without choking. or he might've seen something horrific and was choking on whatever he was about to swallow which just happened to be the chocolate jane gave him.
everyone that went to the restroom that night probably kicked bridget when they saw her, seems like no one liked her anyways.
1) “Yes, she is. I can’t speak for Atticus, but I think she’s right. You’re a wonderful girl and I think we need to get to know you more than we do. Especially if you mean this much to Oliver. If you make him happy, that’s what matters.” It looked difficult for her to say.
...aww, finally! but now its just mr. wood left to convince...
2) So her vegetables weren’t poison.
..i wish mine were, that way i get an excuse not to eat them.
3) “One day,” he said quietly, leaning over the edge of the balcony, “One day I’m going to marry you, Perry. Plan your life accordingly.”
At first my breath was caught in my throat, but then, smiling like an idiot, I said, “You keep making those brownies, Wood, and we’ll see.”
I glanced over. “Hmm?”
His eyes were practically dancing. “I have something.”
For a split second I was about to have a panic attack, until out of his jacket he pulled a rectangular box.
...i seriously thought he was going to propose, and that last sentence and i still thought, but that was because i was thinking of a square, not a rectangle! lol. they both have four sides!
okay, so i didn't look at the "up next" part but looking at that i think oliver was allergic and he was sent to the hospital and is in critical condition! no! oliver cant be in critical condition! he's too good a baking brownies! who will bake them now if he's in there for a long time! (which reminds me, my sister baked brownies on thanksgiving! haha. but it was not nearly as good as oliver, that is if i got to taste it..haha)Author's Response: I can totally imagine you yelling "hex her!" haha. I love it. I love Geokat. Seriously. They are perfect for each other and it's devistating when they're not together. And happy. And lovely! At least, even if it didn't end well, they're going in the right direction, right? Can you seriously just imagine people walking into the bathroom, kicking bridget, and then doing their business? Fabulous!
He could totes propose with a rectangular box...how unconventional ;)
Yes, Oliver, you shall be released under the terms that your therepy be baking brownies for all the fans of this story :) Yum, something I could get used to! Shirtless of course. I bet your sister's brownies were really good. I baked Oliver-Wood brownies on thanksgiving too! That's hilarious!!
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Report Review
yea me! i was the 1200 reviewer! thanks for the congrats!
anyways, i love love love this chaapter! its made me "on edge" when i was reading this...i really thought they were going to win at first, but then in the middle of the game, i thought they were going to loose but at the same time not because james was on a winning streak! and then they tied and then they won! man! i was in suspense mode the whole time! then avery's dad came and talked to her..that was kind of awkward...ok, time for fav quotes:
1) Avery was brushing through her wet hair. She put it back up. I tried not to stare.
...key word: tried...haha.
2) My head twisted back toward Avery.
She winked, having not seen. Blimey, she was amazing.
Avery Flynn. My…girlfriend. How weird was that? When was the last time I had a girlfriend? Two years ago. Daisy from the summer. Lily and Rose hated her. I figured it was because her name was a flower too.
...JAVERY! yeah! LOL @ the "..because her name was a flower too." that was a good reason right there! haha.
3) My girlfriend.
...i love that he refers to her like that throughout the chapter! :D
4) Luckily, Avery caught it just in time, giving the ref an “are you kidding me” look. She could have been famous for that look.
...that's what i wondered throughtout the chapter too. but i blamed it on the ref being biased. shes taking the Puffers's side!
5) There was one of them sailing toward the ground.
Darian Bay high-fived his other Chaser as Fred was carted off the field, bleeding from his ear. Poor addled brains.
...poor fred and his addled brains. that hit probably didn't help it!
6) “Oy!” I cried as Paloma ripped the Quaffle out of Bay’s hands.
Then he elbowed her in the head.
...this almost made me scream at my laptop about how the ref is blind! gosh seriously! maybe she is and needs her eyes checked!
7) She got the Snitch! She got it. Meta (bitch) McLaggen caught me the Snitch and we were saved!
...and the breath i was holding finally came out.
8) “When there is a tie,” Walters continued, “there is a shoot-out.”
Well, fuck. Of course there was a shoot-out when my Chasers were in the hospital wing.
...and then i ALMOST lost hope. but then i knew they would pull through..they had to!
9) She threw it and had the Keeper beat. If only it wouldn’t have hit the post.
...when i read the first sentence, i was like, yes! and then the second sentence.
10) Darian Bay suddenly looked a little nervous. Two of his blokes had failed. His Chasers. Both the Gryffindors were close and neither were Chasers.
...thats how great gryffindors are!
11) She was about to push open the door to the hospital wing when I held out my hand and grabbed hers. She glanced over and I kissed her. The red tint on her face was nice, especially when it wasn’t from the cold outside.
“What was that for?” she whispered, eyes downcast.
“Just for how amazing you are.” It sounded cheeseball, but no one else was around to hear it. Avery knew I could be a cheeseball sometimes. She didn’t care. She might have even liked it, especially judging by her smile.
...Javery! =D :D =D ;D
WOOT WOOT! Girl power! haha. they were the only ones left, at the end of the game!...well, besides james.
well, no snow over here, i've actually never seen snow, except when i was like, 4 or something and it did snow. o, and in 6th grade when i went to camp.
oo next chaper sounds exciting!! i think they, james and avery, are going to tell everyone that they are dating. or they get caught snogging! AH! just thinking about the possiblities make me smile! i cant wait!Author's Response: I'm glad you liked the suspense! It was one of my favorite Quidditch games to write so I'm loving that it has been so well received! As for Avery's dad...super super awkwardsauce for realz. Apparently they don't work so well together...hint hint.
Don't you just looove that she's a girlfriend now. James is so weirded out by it that I love it.
I'm thinking the ref was paid off...or she used to be a Puffer.
I love the quotes you picked :) Some of my favesies :)
You've never seen snow? but it's a winter wonderland! haha. Someone moved to my town when I was in 5th grade and he was from southern Florida and freaked out when it started snowing. I'll never forget that. We get 2-3 decent snow storms a year, but I live in between two lake-effect snow areas...so I don't get near that haha.
How do you think they'll tell everyone? Stand up on a coffee table and go at it? haha! Report Review
so i finally found time to review and its sad that its today cause im not able to go watch deathly hallows part one until next week! im so sad that i cant go, but your story has made it just a bit better...ok, on to the actual review!
this chapter was awesome! finally JAVERY!! YES! and FALCON CAT(!) wrecking havoc yea! haha. ok, fav quotes/parts:
1) She rolled her eyes. “I know you’re snogging Avery.”
My face hadn’t been that red in ages. “Ex-Excuse me?” I looked around the make sure no one was watching or eavesdropping.
“Cut the crap, James. I know. I can see it all over her face and I can see it all over yours.” She folded her arms. “I’m way smarter than you give me credit for.”
“This reminds me of the time you knew about the Code and I still have no fucking idea how you did that.” I narrowed my eyes. “What else do you know?”
...oo, lily knows everything. got it from her grandmother it seems.haha.
2) “Falcon Cat!” I cried, grabbing her and snuggling her into my face. “Mother fucking Falcon Cat!” She licked my cheeks. She was so soft and snuggly and adorable.
The card inside was in familiar handwriting.
You’re hot. We made out last night. Wanna do it again?
Ps. I know how much you love this cat. Keep her. Tory will get over it.
I framed a Puffer so the Profs won’t find out.
I looked up and she was smiling at me. I wanted to hug her. And then snog her. Then hug her again. But I didn’t, I just placed Falcon Cat on my shoulder and smiled. Then I mouthed, “Thanks.”
“James, thank you!” Paloma threw her arms around my neck and kissed Falcon Cat on the nose. “This is so amazing. I’ve been wanting to go there for ages.” She held up the gift certificate I’d given her for the fancy restaurant in Hogsmeade. It opened last Spring and none of us had the Galleons to go.
Lucky my brother had a hefty bank account.
...yea! falcon cat(as i have said above)! i love the note haha. and paloma's gift! LOL! i wonder what al's gonna be like when he sees that his bank account has gone down a huge amount in one day!
3) From Bink she got lucky bamboo, which was my favorite plant because you didn’t have to put it in the sunlight or look after it. Just some water every once in a while and it looked pretty.
.haha, james is so...girly? haha. but i love bamboos too, easy to take care of.
4) Victoria didn’t just “get over it” like I’d hoped. In fact, she got over it by throwing all of her wood chips out of her cage and hiding half-inside of her toilet paper roll. I say half-inside because she was getting a little hefty in her old age of like two and a half.
...aww, how cute, shes pouting!
5) I kissed her and we fell backward onto my bed while Falcon Cat knocked over a few things I’m sure were important but I was also sure I didn’t much care.
6) I could see her start to wrinkle her nose. Damn right, Twitwards.
“Sure. I guess we can do that.”
...i bet she only said that to get to james!
7) “Come to plan out your dinner with Twitwards?” What the hell was wrong with me? We agreed to date other people. It wasn’t like I had feelings like that for Avery. Even though if I was going to date her I would take her somewhere awesome, not some stupid restaurant in Hogsmeade. We’d fly somewhere, like to a mountain or something. And have a picnic. Or maybe we’d just hang out.
...that dates sound great, now all you need is the girl...
8) I smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind her ears. “You will have some crazy bloke dressed as someone different wearing my sneakers there to bail you out if needed.”
“Will Freddie dress like a woman?”
“Doesn’t he always?” I said cheerfully.
.lol, if only i had someone like james to save me sometimes, and poor freddie, always reduced to wearing women's clothing..haha.
9) Stupid Twitwards. I still couldn’t believe he asked her on a date. It enraged me. More than usual. I was not only peeved, I felt…protective. I didn’t want her to go. Not just with Edwards. With anyone. I wanted her to stay with me, to lounge in my bed and play with Falcon Cat and let me kiss her nose so lightly it tickles. To me with me.
...FINALLY! he realises! do you know how excited i was to read this part.my heart was even hammering! lol.
10) All I wanted to do was hug her. To kiss her. I wanted her.
“Bollocks on the Code,” I said, my voice rising as I grabbed her and pulled her toward me. She inhaled sharply. “Bollocks on the Code and you’re not going on a date with Twitwards.”
She just stared at me, shoulders tense. She mouthed something, but no words came out.
“I want you for myself.” I kissed her again, hard, and we fell back against the shower handle again, my fingers in her hair and hers clawing at my back. I didn’t know why I said it—hell, I didn’t know why I felt it, but I did.
Then it was raining.
...wow, he just said "bullocks on the code"! is this james?! LOL! and the cliched, but yours not so cliched, kiss in the rain! i never wouldve thought about using a shower as rain!
11) She wrapped a finger around a strand of hair, and then hurriedly placed it behind her ear. Avery’s clothes were sticking to her. I tried not to look. Too much.
...you still looked! :P:D
12) I didn’t think about the Code, about what the team would say or if Lily would give me one of those I-told-you-so looks, I just thought about Avery. She was perfect. I knew I wanted her to be mine. Well, it was more like I was hers.
...aww, so true, lily is going to give james the i-told-you look! james is just so sweet! i love him!
ooo, a mini cliff hanger! im so excited for the next chapter, as always..and yes, i was one of those thinking that this chapter was gonna make them kind of have to start all over again and break my heart too! but im glad it was the other way around!Author's Response: Happy Review 1200! Yay!!
You're not going to see it until NEXT WEEK?! Treason. That stinks. But it'll be awesome when you do. I went and saw it at midnight last night. Then didn't sleep long enough. And now I'm sleepy at work. Ah, worth it.
I love Falcon Cat. She's a bamf.
Also, it makes me laugh just thinking of Al looking at a Gringotts bank statement, completely puzzled.
I'm so glad you love the "shower in the rain" sort of twist I put on that. I loved writing that scene. One of my absolute favorites. xoxo
I'm glad the chapter wasn't super sadified probably as much as you are lol. James had some sad times so he needed some pick-me-ups in the way of snog time with Aves.
Thanks for the amazing 1200th review! Report Review
wow! i really feel sorry for bink! he found someone he actually liked and it just kinda got ruined when school started..i wonder if they are gonna get back together by any chance?(i just love happy endings, and sad ones too when im in the mood for one! haha.) the grotto sounds awesome! i want to go to one!
so, my fav parts:
1) Hello there, guilt, how are you?
...LOL! i love how hes seems to always be talking to his emotions! haha.
2) "...And, like I said before, the sex was good.”
...guys and their one track mind!haha.
3) Avery was toward the back of the group, laughing at a joke Wesley told. She hadn’t said anything to me since I saw her at the Alumni party. The tension was almost painful. Like cut it with a butter knife painful. Or a stick. Or a really dull pair of those scissors with the funny looking edges so you can cut in squiggles.
...I love how you make something so cliche into something different and funny.
4) ...Lily was asking me why I stepped on a kitten (which was fine, by the way).
...aww, poor kitten..but at least its alive(right?) and it wasnt hit by a car, which ive seen too many time!
5) Hello, squiggle-cutting scissor tension.
...haha! i love those scissor..ive always wanted one,still dont have one though!
6) Even best mates can think their best mates are pretty.
...yes, and im sure avery thinks you are very pretty too!
7) I bent down, one hand on the towel next to Avery’s shoulder, the other on her neck, and I kissed her.
and then of course i love ALL of the Javery parts!Author's Response: Hey again!
Let's talk about Bink for a minute. He did like Meta, and it's sad that they broke up, but he did loathe her for the last...zillion years or so. Meaning, she was never a good person while at Hogwarts. Meta is the kind of girl that thinks about herself. She does things that benefit her. Over the summer, sure, she had a bit of a change of heart and started this whole Bink thing, but once she got back to Hogwarts it was all about Meta. It was getting back at James since he was made Captain instead of her. How do you get back at your Captain without ruining the whole team? Break the Code. Or just snog his best mate. Whichever. I won't tell you whether or not she'll have a change or heart, since that would be a spoiler, but Bink will get his happy ending...whether it is alone or in the company of a lovely lady! xoxo
You're right about James...he always talks to his emotions. And inanimate objects. And himself. And Victoria...etc.
The kitten is alive, that I assure you!
You don't have a squiggle scissor?!!? You need to get one! Go to Dollar Tree! Hurry!!
Thanks so much for the review :) Report Review
haha..very fun chapter!! i loved it!! Report Review
haha..oo, i absolutely loved this chapter!! (i know i say that a lot! haha) it was very funny! and im surprised that twitwards didnt do anything to james, for a while that is...and i loved the part that he was being lectured by his past captains..i find it very funny..haha.anyways, not much time left, so here's some of my fav parts:
1. “Hey there, Meta McLaggen! How are you today? I love the hair. Brings out your…” I paused. “Erm, brings out your hair.” I tried to smile bright but I figured my upper lip looked a little snarle-esque.
...haha..LOVE the punishment, the shirt part too!! haha..
2. “I wonder if he’s lost his nerve.” Fred stretched out. “Maybe he’s gone gay for you, mate.”
...that would be hilarious to read.
3. I flushed, remembering the pink streaks on my cheeks. “War paint,” I said in a husky voice.
“Out of all colors, you pick pink?”
“I picked Victoria.”
Avery smiled. “Want to curl your lashes too?”
..LOL! i love the line " 'I picked Victoria.' " because she is pink! haha
4. She was looking around the Great Hall, which was decorated in loads of scarlets, golds, and other Hogwarts colors. The less awesome ones.
5. She was like my sister. My best mate. ...And now she was standing in there moving her hips around and I didn't want to cover her up or scold her or tell her about Dara Wood being a sod. I just wanted to look at her.
Maybe it was the eye-torture device or something. Maybe I was dehydrated or ate bad chicken or something absurd.
..haha..yeah, blame the chicken!
6. I was apparently fond of flight, because my stomach shrunk up so fast that I took off running in the other direction, which this time was the door. Right out the door, through the Entrance Hall, outside into the bloody freezing weather, and to the Quidditch pitch, into the locker rooms, and collapsed at my locker.
..yea you are fond of flight! haha.
anyways, forgot to answer that question about college..but yes, entering this year..n thanks for the advice...update as soon as possible!Author's Response: I'm glad you loved this one because it was hilarious to write. As for Twitwards, he really wants Aves to be lucky number seven apparently...yeah right. As for the Captainos, I just picture them being lordy and whatnot over poor James, who is that way to his team and will probably be that way to whomever takes over as Captain after him.
I LOVED all of your favorite quotes. I love the "I picked Victoria" line. Hilarity at its best.
The next chappie is in the queue right now and should be available soon! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. Favorite quotes are my FAVORITE. Thanks ! Report Review
wow..i cant believe that i didnt review this one, yet, but anyways..i loved it..the punishment! and the beautiful chapter image of course! except that if meta really does look that beautiful then i dont see why she would complain about having no hair! haha..
javery=my fav. couple! haha..i love how they are best best buds no matter what and then theres the secretly loving each other part too!! haha(at least thats what im hoping!)
im trying to make a twitter, but still dont know how to use it..so i'll have to ask the sister! haha.
sorry, not a long review but i have to review your other chapter before my cousin comes home and take over the computer!Author's Response: I agree. Meta is such a hair snob, really. ;)
I think you can safely hope that Javery could possibly be in the works. Nothing definite, of course, but just maybe. Hopefully. Or not...
Ask your sister or message me on the forums! I can help you with the Twitter issue :)
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! If it's not long, it's fine, but the thought is there :) Report Review
i cant believe i never told you this(by reviewing) but i absolutely love LOVE this fanfic! i reread it soo many times and although i already know what's going to happen, i still get a funny tingling feeling when i read it. you're an awesome writer! Report Review
wow! i can't believe that this is the end for conventional wisdom! to tell you the truth, i was afraid of reading this last chapter. the 22nd chapter, made me really afraid that Mara was not going to be with James but then i was thinking, how could she be with Patrick because we haven't read much about them together and she didnt seem to want him "in her life." that was probably the first time that i doubted mara and james being together. in the end, i abosolutely adored/loved it!! had lots of drama but not too much, and all the mara and james "time" was well written!! im just very sad that this is the end! well, i hope this isnt the end for you because i love your writing style, so im hoping to read your next fanfic! Report Review
OMG!! thats what i said when i saw that you updated!! it made me soo happy!! i've been waiting sooo long and im pretty happy with this chapter..and yes!! i do want to hit james!! why did he have to say that to avery?! poor aves! i really, really am curious about what the punishment is because james is going to break the code to (right?) so i wonder if hes going to get punished too! about the twitter, i dont have one, but my sister does, and if you do start one then ill most likely follow you. i do like costaso's picture, very.italian!! now, on to my fav quotes:
1. But she was my best mate. I talked to her about zit issues. About girl problems.
Now she was my girl problem. Who the hell was I supposed to talk to now with my two other mates at my throat for blasted Code issues and her the snogger of my precious lippies?
2. Realistically, what was I supposed to say?
Blimey, what a kiss.
...yes james, thats what you're supposed to say!haha!
3. She used the word “hello” instead of something else. Things were not good.
...yep, not good! he knows her too well!!
4. I stood there awkwardly for a few minutes, staring at my best mate. Her jaw was tight. Her muscles were stretched. There was a sparkle, glitter or something, on her cheek. I felt another panic attack coming on, so I stepped back. “Uh, see you later then. Bye!” I jogged the other way and stopped just after the end of the beach, glancing back.
...aww, poor aves! and james, just had to run again, he really doesnt like crying girls.
5. Mark my wordies.
6. This was no time to worry about Bink or Meta (especially) or the snog Avery gave me on the balcony nights ago.
So why was it still fresh in my mind?
...because you loved it?!
7. “What? I told you so? Of course I don’t want to say that. I wouldn’t dare.” I smirked and stole a bite of her cheesecake.
“Hate you so much, James Potter.”
...aww, back to being james&avery!
please update asap!! i'll be patient and wait as long as necessary. and congrats on getting a writing job and graduating! im barely going into college! and also, congrats on the engagement! i hope you will have a beautiful and happy wedding, when it happens!Author's Response: I highly encourage you to start a Twitter, if you haven't already :) See my blog for details on the new Twitter account!
I'm glad you're super excited about upcoming chapters! We'll have to see how James reacts, and also how he reacts if he decides he wants to Break the Code. But who knows if he even will?
You're so right. James always runs. He cracks me up. When you panic, just run away! :)
Good luck in college! Are you going into it this year? Get involved, do lots of different things, go to sporting events, and take advantage of all the time you have! Though I'm relieved to be done and have a degree, but I already miss the community and people I've met :)
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I can't wait to see more from you in the future! Report Review
wow! i totally loved this chapter!! very funny and cute and very like them!!! im very excited for the next chap!! update soon please.Author's Response: I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I promise to update as soon as possible! Thanks bunches for the review--congrats on being 1300 :) Report Review
i noe you said not to get too excited, but i cant help it!! i love it and that its in james's pov is even better because then we get to see him as he sees her, a little.i love that things are getting closer and closer to the point where they start to really like eachother!! cant wait for the next chapter!! its getting very very exciting!!Author's Response: Yeah, that was the point, to show how James feels about this situation. Yeah, it does get closer and closer. haha. Thanks for the review! :D Report Review
haha...i like it, a lot!! cant wait for the next chap!!Author's Response: thank you! Report Review
i cant believe i never reviewed! anyways, i seriously hecka love this fanfic!! it was soo cute, especially the one shot that inspired this fanfic..update asap please..i cant wait!Author's Response: I am so glad you like it! Thank you so much for the review! If I manage to have any free time I promise I will write more and update. Thank You so much for the review!!!
~Leo Report Review
i love that dress!! now im just wondering how Costaso is gonna look like!! im loving the story more and more as its being developed!! i just love that james still remembers his little flying journey and how harry said that he was going to be a great chaser!! that was an awesome father-son moment, even though it was when james was younger..o and i just love the part that avery burned the letter!! ahaah...
anyway, on to my fav parts/quotes:
1. Where was Freddie in a woman outfit when I needed him?
..aww, poor freddie, if he was there, he'd be forced into a woman outfit again! ahaha...
2.“Oh, Tory, we’re going to hunt down some Italian bloke today.”
.WOO!go james!! go find that italian bloke and take him away from your best mate!!
3.Seriously, though, did I have to dress like a woman to get this done?
..yes james, yes you do..hahaha
4. I checked behind a rock.
...wow, he's really looking EVERYWHERE...
5.“I can’t even think straight. Did you know Lily kissed someone?”
“Lily?” Wesley shifted on the sofa and placed his hands behind his head. “Nah, she doesn’t really tell me things like that.”
“Find out who.”
..i bet you it was Wesley..it just has to be!
6.She removed her hand from his grip and moved around him, not parting her gaze from me. Then she took my hand and led me to the edge of the dance floor furthest from our table. “What took you so long?” she asked.
“Dancing with my sister.”
“Is that what that was?” Avery smiled and placed her hand in my own and the other on my shoulder.
“Shut it.” Her waist was warm when I put my hand there, careful not to be forceful like Costaso. I couldn’t describe the strange feeling. My muscles tensed up. “She’s a good dancer.”
“Until you saw Costaso, then suddenly you couldn’t dance.”
“I hate that bloke.”
Avery laughed. “You hate everyone, James.” I loved her laugh.
.i love that part!!
7.“At least I have other things to look at tonight.”
She turned toward me and brushed a few strands of hair behind her ears. “Like what?”
“Well, like you. You look great tonight, Aves.”
Avery’s lips were soft when she kissed me. Her fingers found their way through my hair and I felt her warm body press against mine.
Those lips were familiar. Lips I had watched talk for years before, spouting on about Quidditch and my lack of Charms talent and ones that had tasted salt talking about her father. That laughed after my jokes.
Avery Flynn’s lips were a part of my best mate.
...FINALLY!! and YES!!! avery finally kissed james!! i thought it was soo adorable, especially after he complimented her like that...shoot, i'd even kiss my best mate(of course probably only a little peck since i dont have a thing for him) if he said something like that to me!
...anyway, since i read fanfic on my mp3 player, i had to come back to the site and review so i had to re-read the story to quote the parts i love and it seemed that this review was almost quoting everything so i decided to not bore you with quoting your story so instead, i'll summarize my other favorite parts...
i love the part that james is grilling lily about who she was snogging! he just soo overprotective and i love that about him! i also love how he just wanted nia "out of the way" right now so he just quickly wrote a reply to her letter. then when he practically dragged lily onto the dance floor just to follow avery and wesley while they were dancing. and of course i already quoted this but i just have to add it again, when avery kissed james and james's reaction to the kiss!!! i hope you update soon, cuz i cant wait!!Author's Response: WOW look at this review. I'm loving it.
1. Poor Fred always ends up in sticky situations. He needs some foundation.
2. I imagine a large weapon and aviator sunglasses during that moment.
3. If it worked for Freddie, it should work for James...
4. He should have walked into cottages.
5. I seem to have everyone guessing. I think I'll just keep everyone guessing.
6. It's part sentimental, part sibling-like love.
7.Love that kiss. Such a cute moment.
Don't worry about quotes, I love them! Those are usually my favorite parts of reviews, the quotes/responses to them. I love the lily/James parts. It shows how close they really are. Even though he's not as close to Albus as he'd like to be, he has a good bond with his sister. I promise to update as soon as I can, thanks so much for the review! Report Review
OMG!! wow!! wat just happened!! why are they like that!! she's still their friend! i wonder who's telling her about her nights when she's "worse than the average wolf." i think it might be fred but then again you might just be teasing...anyways, i cant wait till the next chapter!!Author's Response: Thanks for the review. You think it's Freddy huh? You never know, it might be. XD Report Review
yeah!! mara's got a date!! with her hot boss!! hopefully it goes well!! and yeah! james finally got to spend a day with his son... i wish they would go back to normal, or even better, he finds out that he likes her then breaks off the wedding!! all im hoping is that he doesnt marry sophie, if they dont end up being together, then i dont mind, as long as he doesnt marry sophie or any other girl...cant wait for the next chapter!! update soon!! Report Review
OMG!! what the heck happened!! i seriously cant believe that he just blurted it out like that...although i have to say..their conversation was confusing me a little..but i kinda got the jist of it...im really excited to read the next chapter...so update as soon as possible!Author's Response: I will update soon. :)
Sorry about the confusion-ness, I had to make the conversation mover fast otherwise, it would get a little boring.
Oh, what can I say, James can be incredibly stupid at times. Report Review
Terms of Service
categories & genres
short story collection